We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Some of the shifts in infancy and childhood are false shifts. False gliding is a misleading appearance with the width of the eyelids and the root of the nose. In order to fully clarify this condition, an eye examination must be performed.
What is strabismus?
It is the loss of the parallelism of both eyes. There are six extraocular muscles in each eye. One or more of these may cause strabismus or lack of force. One eye may look straight and the other may slide in, out, up, or down. In some cases, gliding is present in both eyes.
Causes of Strabismus:
There is not a single reason for the formation of strabismus. The problematic pregnancy period, whether the birth is problematic, the development of the child or the diseases he / she has experienced can lead to strabismus. There is genetic predisposition for strabismus. If there is a shift in the eyes of the family, the probability of strabismus increases in children. Eye disorders are usually the cause of strabismus seen after childhood.
Symptoms of Strabismus:
• Loss of parallelism in the eye
• Eye watering
• Double vision
• Loss of three-dimensional image
• Blurred vision
• Head or face facing away
How is strabismus treated?
Because strabismus is caused by many reasons, the treatment modalities vary from person to person.
• Glasses: Some types of strabismus occur due to refractive error. Strabismus improves when the patient starts wearing glasses. In this type of strabismus glasses are sufficient.
• Closure Treatment: This treatment method can be done if there is laziness in the eyes of the patient.
• Orthoptic treatment: This treatment is applied with the aim of gaining the visual ability and sense of depth with both eyes.
• Surgical intervention: Congenital shifts are usually shifts that do not require glasses and require early surgery (6 months to 1 year). The majority of slippage occurs around the age of 2-3 and can usually be completely corrected with glasses. Surgical treatment is required for slides that do not improve even if glasses are worn. Early diagnosis and treatment of strabismus can prevent lazy eye and provide 3-dimensional vision.
• Botox: Botulinum toxin (BOTOX) may also be used in treatment of some strabismus. BOTOX is effective and can be used as a curative in patients with paralyzed strabismus, in patients who have not fully recovered from surgery and in patients with an eye shift due to goiter disease.