We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
“I had the flu a month ago, but my cough didn't go away”, “This time I got a very heavy flu, not what I did geç
The flu should first be separated from diseases with similar symptoms and treated correctly.
Memorial Şişli Hospital Internal Medicine Department Uz. Dr. Gürkan Yurteri, gave information about the treatment of influenza that persists for a long time and suggested improvement.
Cold and flu should be distinguished!
Slowly developing weakness, sneezing, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat, cough with phlegm or cuts are symptoms of colds. The cold is avoided as standing and mild.
Flu symptoms, however, appear suddenly. The patient is good on the way to work in the morning, suddenly within 3-6 hours of cold, excessive weakness, fatigue, fever rise occurs. Common body and headache, especially chest discomfort (pressure, pain) feels. Fatigue reaches intolerable dimensions, the table may be accompanied by a dry cough.
The person receiving the virus becomes ill within 3 days!
When the patient coughs, millions of viruses spread into the air. Healthy people gets the virus through the air. If he is not immune to the virus, he will be ill within 1-4 days. In this way, hundreds of people can get illnesses in places where there are masses of people, such as movies, buses, schools, places of worship. In particular, children can spread the germs they get from school to their families and spread the disease to other family members. The virus can persist for 2-8 hours in the external environment. This is especially the case when a person touches (door handle, telephone table, stair railings, etc.) healthy people get the virus when they touch. When they take their hands to their mouths and eyes, they are infected with the virus.
Vaccination after influenza is not effective in healing the disease!
Before the start of the flu season, anyone at least 6 months or more can be vaccinated, especially at risk groups. October is the best month for vaccination. However, given that the flu season is prolonged until May, vaccination can also be made during the winter season. Especially children of primary school age, people over 65 years of age, individuals with a secondary disease such as sugar, lung, heart, kidney, which disrupt the immune system are at risk. Vaccinations after influenza have no contribution to the treatment of the disease. The vaccine is, in fact, a reduced influenza virus. Therefore, it may aggravate the existing disease by weakening one's immune system.
Flu can leave behind a stubborn cough!
The flu may leave a persistent cough behind it, even if it passes after being left untreated for a long time. Because the virus sensitizes the airways. The patient is more easily affected by temperature changes, air dryness and dust and coughs. Therefore, the effects of the flu should be rested until the disappearance completely and care should be taken in this process.
Influenza treatment is as important as flu prevention measures
First of all, sick people should be isolated at home and treatment should be started immediately. Patients can return to work only one day after their fever has subsided. In addition, all patients should be told how they have transmitted the virus and told what to do.
• Antiviral drugs help the flu pass both lighter and faster. Patient complaints should be initiated by the doctor within 48 hours of the onset. It also prevents the virus from infecting others. In our country, it is available in both tablet and inhalation forms.
• Antigribal medications and painkillers can be taken for complaints such as fatigue, pain, runny nose, cough.
• Since the disease is transmitted by air and contact, precautions should be taken for them. Patients should use disposable handkerchiefs while sneezing, coughing, and cleaning their secretions. If the patient does not have a handkerchief, he can use the inside of the arm to cover his mouth.
• Frequent and proper washing of hands significantly reduces virus transmission. We should use liquid soap when washing our hands and paper towels during installation.
• Antibiotics in influenza are the drugs that should be considered in the treatment but can be used when complications occur.
• Vitamin C, taken daily without consulting a doctor, is not a way to prevent flu. Over time, a dangerous accumulation in the body can be caused. It is more beneficial to take only in winter. Nature's rich source of vitamin C should not be forgotten.