We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
It is very important that preschool children eat three regular meals during the summer months. It is a fact that waking up late and having breakfast late is not the right approach. Dietitian Cemal Aytaç Ak Aralarında Between meals, sweets, pastries, fruit instead of biscuits, freshly squeezed juice, buttermilk are important foods to be preferred, especially in summer, ”he says.
Temperature increases in summer also cause some changes in food needs. Since the need for liquid increases considerably, fruit such as watermelon, melon and grapes should be preferred first. Dietitian Cemal Aytaç Ak tells the parents who will go on holiday: “Parents should allow their children to choose their own food, especially when making buffet choices in holiday resorts, which gives them a sense of freedom. The main problem in adult obesity is that the individual cannot control the diet. Biçim
Sample meals for children in summer;
Egg or Feta Cheese
Tomato + Cucumber
|Noon:||Meat or legumes|
|Evening:||Meat or legumes|
Rice or pasta
Fruit or salad
|Search for:||Milk or Yogurt|
Aytaç Ak, touching on the importance of breakfast, says: kahvaltı The meal, which is eaten after the longest break in a 24-hour period, is the most important meal of the day in summer as in any season. During the approximately 12 hours between dinner and morning, all the nutrients in the body are digested; thus, the food consumed in the morning breakfast is used more efficiently in the body to meet some of the energy and nutrient requirements for the day. Since preschool children are in the play age as well as their mental and physical development, most of the energy needs for their physical activities should be met at breakfast meals. The nutrients needed by children in this age should also be balanced in their meals. ”
Dietitian Ak in the summer months of children's breakfast should be as follows:
• It should be rich in carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are the main energy source for muscle and brain. (Bread, fruit, juice, cereals are rich in carbohydrates.)
• Iron content should be high. Iron is necessary to prevent anemia known as anemia. (Eggs or enriched cereals, molasses can be consumed.)
• Must be rich in calcium for bone development. (Milk, cheese, molasses are good sources of calcium.)
• To reduce the risk of future cardiovascular diseases and obesity should be lower than fat and cholesterol (Cheese may be preferred instead of meat products (sausage, salami, sausage).)
• A breakfast rich in pulp is important to prevent constipation. (Fruits, vegetables, whole grains can be preferred) Diarrhea is a common disease in children in summer. If your child has diarrhea, you should stop eating foods with high pulp content.
• Liquid content should be high. (Increases the loss of fluid by sweating the body in hot, humid weather. Refreshing drinks and fruit with high water content helps to cool the body.)
• Must include vegetables, fruit or freshly squeezed juice. (Especially to meet the need for vitamin C.)
• It should consist of various foods. For example;
1 glass of milk, 1 egg or cheese, olives, bread, fruit or tomatoes;
1 glass of freshly squeezed juice with cheese toast;
1 glass of milk, cereal flakes, fruit.
Lunch and dinner
Your child's lunch and dinner needs to be adequate and balanced in terms of energy and nutrients, such as breakfast. Foods from four basic food groups should be available at the same meal to meet the increasing liquid and mineral needs in summer. What if your child refuses to eat? Aytaç Ak answers the question: için You can offer the foods your child needs to meet their nutritional needs in different ways, or you can replace the foods she doesn't want to eat with other foods of a similar nature. For example, if your child does not want to eat spinach, you can make spinach pie or you can have yoghurt or ice cream for your child who does not want to drink milk. Frequent frying during the summer months is a food that should not be preferred because it contains high fat and causes cancer. Grilling, boiling, baking or cooking with your own juice are healthy choices. Since the stomach capacity of children is smaller than that of adults, you should not force your child to eat more, but you should serve their meals in small portions. For lunch, a meal consisting of 1 serving of meat and vegetables (4-5 tablespoons), half a bowl of yogurt, 1-2 slices of bread or pastry, fruit or freshly squeezed juice is a healthy choice.
At dinner, you can meet your child's nutritional needs with a meal consisting of 2-3 meatballs, meat / chicken / fish (grilled, boiled or baked), rice or pasta (4-5 tablespoons), salad, 1 cup of buttermilk, fruit or milk dessert. "