We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Başında How safe is the plane, or should I prefer car travel? Başında is one of the most frequently asked questions of the expectant mother who will travel on summer vacation. Maya Klinik Obstetrics and Gynecology Specialist Op. Dr. More professionals named Hüseyin Mutlu tells the curious about the subject.
Pregnancy is a long process. In this process, normal daily activities continue. Every pregnancy, travel and long holidays are experienced even at least once. Başında How safe is the plane, or should I prefer car travel? Başında is one of the most frequently asked questions of the expectant mother who will travel on summer vacation. Maya Klinik Obstetrics and Gynecology Specialist Op. Dr. More professionals named Hüseyin Mutlu uçak Women who travel more than 74 hours a month are more likely to have miscarriages. u
When to Travel?
Kiss. Dr. Hüseyin Mutlu says: Seyahat During pregnancy, travel is possible, especially from the first months. The safest periods are between 18 and 24 weeks of pregnancy. There are problems such as bleeding in the first 3 months and there are drawbacks due to the high probability of miscarriage. After 36 weeks of pregnancy, many airline companies do not allow pregnant women to travel by plane. ”
Recommendations for prospective mothers
• Comfortable clothing should be worn when traveling by plane.
• Always request a backing cushion for your back.
• Move your feet along the journey and take small walks in the airplane at appropriate times.
• Take plenty of liquid because air in the cabinet increases fluid loss.
• If traveling to a country where infection and infectious diseases are common, necessary examinations and vaccinations should be performed.
Recommendations for Pregnant Mothers
For car travel, the expectant mother should not drive. Because fatigue and stress of the journey can start uterine contractions.
• If possible, additional cushion should be placed on the back when traveling.
• The seat belt must be worn by passing it from the bottom, not on the abdomen.
• During the journey, plenty of fluids should be consumed and breaks should be taken every hour and 20 -30 minute walks should be taken.
• Between snacks and caffeinated drinks should be avoided.
Kiss. Dr. Hüseyin Mutlu; She underlines that travels should not be carried out as long as possible if problems such as preterm labor and bleeding occur during pregnancy. Long journeys should be avoided, especially if there are varicose veins in the legs or if there have been problems with occlusion of the vessels.