We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
“In this study, we separated the mothers who took liquid from the mother after the 34th gestational week and we found the lung development of the fetus to be inadequate by giving their consent. A week later, we performed amniocentesis again. In the end, we saw that the lung development of infants of mothers who were given steroids was much faster. Steroids are given as a standard in pregnancies between 24-34 weeks, ie, those with preterm birth between 5.5 and 8 months, and we know that this reduces the risk of death of infants. Our study was the first serious scientific study in the world to show that steroid administration can be effective after 34 weeks. This study was published in the prestigious American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology in 2010. Other activities are being carried out in this lane that we opened in the USA. "PLANNED CAZARIAN, BIRTH RISK ON SPECIAL DATES 34 weeks after the development of the lungs of the unborn baby to determine the appropriate amniocentesis should be done in experienced hands emphasizing Assoc. Dr. İbrahim Bildirici underlines the following points: - Planned cesarean section is performed in many cases with or without medical justification. In such cases, it is necessary to ensure that the baby completes 39 weeks in the womb. The US Gynecology Association also proposes to complete 39 weeks.
- In order to safely perform a planned delivery 39 weeks ago, amniocentesis should show that the lungs are sufficiently developed. However, in cases where the fluid is low and the baby is in trouble, of course you do not expect the 39th week, you will intervene, but it is necessary to complete the 39 weeks in a planned cesarean section without any problems. Otherwise, problems can arise in these babies taken early.
The most common of these problems is the so-called 'wet lung' or 'temporary tachypnea of the newborn' which causes temporary rapid breathing in newborn infants. In this case, the baby needs to be hospitalized for 72 hours, respiratory support may be needed, the risk of infection may occur, sometimes 'respiratory distress syndrome (RDS)' may occur and more serious respiratory distress and vital risk may develop. These babies require special medical care in intensive care units, which can cause financial problems.
- Newborn care has developed today, but why should we still take risks? If a planned cesarean section is to be done, it is important to complete the 39th week.
- One million 250 thousand mothers in our country give birth annually. Some of these mothers do not know their last period reliably or may be misplaced. In this group, cesarean section performed without waiting for natural labor leads to premature birth. Here, we can evaluate the lung development of the unborn babies by amniocentesis in cases with suspicion about the date.
- There is no rule that risky pregnant women will be delivered by caesarean section. Many of them can also give birth in a normal way to be safer for themselves.
-Which pregnant women should give birth normally, who should be caesarean section? In fact, this decision is specific to the patient's condition. The patient's condition is evaluated and decided. But first of all, birth should be preferred is normal birth.
- In order to spread normal birth, we need to provide epidural anesthesia (painless delivery services) in a widespread and high quality manner.