Couples who are planning to have a baby should take the necessary precautions according to the doctor's recommendations after having the necessary tests done. First, a series of changes in lifestyle and diet should be made. Vitamin C positively affects reproduction. Therefore, 5 servings of fresh vegetables and fruits of different colors should be consumed daily to increase the possibility of pregnancy. If smoking is strictly stopped, support should be sought if necessary. It should be kept in mind that heavy and excessive exercise adversely affects reproduction as it will lead to insufficient calories or hunger.
10 steps to a happy pregnancy and birth process
1. Weight control is the most effective method of conception; very weak or overweight people have low fertility rates compared to normal overweight people. Therefore, nutrition should be regulated; breakfast should become a habit and breakfast time should never be delayed. Meal should not be skipped, a nutrition plan should be established with 3 main meals and 2-3 meals a day.
2. To meet the need for folic acid, dark green leafy vegetables should be eaten in 2 portions each day, and folic acid and vitamin B supplements should be taken in consultation with the doctor.
3. White meat, especially fish consumption should be increased, red meat consumption 400 gr. must be set.
4. Protein needs should be met with walnuts, hazelnuts and dried legumes, and animal resources should be reduced.
5. Trans fats should be avoided, olive oil and avocado should be consumed.
6. Light dairy products, not full-fat ones should be preferred.
7. Complex carbohydrate and pulp should be increased and simple sugar should be avoided.
8. Iron needs should be provided from plant sources but vitamin C consumption should not be forgotten. Multivitamin and antioxidant supplements should be used under the supervision of an expert.
9. 2.5-3 liters of water should be consumed per day. Alcohol, caffeine and other stimulant drinks should be reduced or discontinued.
10. Prepared foods should be avoided and conscious about environmental toxins.
Alcohol, smoking and excessive exercise adversely affect sperm quality
In order to give birth to a healthy baby, the father candidates should also pay attention to some rules. Firstly, excessive alcohol consumption should be avoided because it affects sperm quality negatively. Consumption of 1 or 2 alcoholic beverages per day should not be exceeded. Tobacco use reduces sperm count and slows down movement. Smoking and cannabis should be avoided. Excessive exercise reduces the level of testosterone should be avoided. 5 days a week, 30 minutes of moderate intensity exercise should be done. Steroid use also adversely affects the testicles. Excess weight or obesity affects the hormone system negatively and affects reproduction. On the other hand, it should be remembered that being weak also reduces sperm count and functions. Therefore healthy weight should be maintained. Excessive stress should be avoided and methods of coping with stress should be learned.
10 tips for becoming a healthy father
1. Breakfast should be acquired and breakfast time should not be delayed. Meal should not be skipped, a nutrition plan should be established with 3 main meals and 2-3 meals a day.
2. Fresh vegetables and fruits of various colors should be eaten every day. This group should include green leaves, purple and yellow vegetables, apples, oranges, kiwi, blueberries and melons.
3. Whole grains should be eaten and refined grains should be avoided. For example; oatmeal muesli for breakfast, full wheat bread and dark brown rice for lunch.
4. Low-fat dairy products should be preferred. Dairy products are the source of calcium, protein, vitamin D and potassium. All these nutrients keep the body working well. 3 servings of milk, yogurt, kefir or cheese, including low-fat or low-fat dairy products, should be consumed daily.
5. Red meat should be limited. Low protein sources such as fish, turkey and chicken breast should be preferred. Vegetable protein, including oil seeds such as beans, nuts, walnuts and tofu should be fed predominantly.
6. Attention should be paid to oils. Reduce saturated fats from fried food, whole-fat dairy products and red meat. Healthy fats should be preferred. Every day 30 gr. oil seeds, vegetables and salads should be added with olive oil or sandwiches with avocado.
7. Multivitamin, vitamin C and antioxidant supplements should be taken under the supervision of an expert.
8. Drink 2.5-3 liters of water per day.
9. Ready foods should be avoided, environmental toxins, plant drugs should be treated consciously. Healthy, unprocessed foods should be consumed.
10. The right clothes should be chosen and the fabrics which are not narrow, cotton and airy structure should be preferred.