We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
our baby is healthy and peacefulAs long as he laughs, life is pink to us dust; but when our baby gets a little restless and sick, the situation becomes the opposite.
Especially when your miniature dry coughing that wheezing sound, coughing up and down the tiny chest vigorously, even if you can not talk to know that your throat hurts every cough. Yes, you are upset when your baby is sick, and most mothers panic when they get sick.
Believe me, panic will not help you or your baby who is tired of coughing. Instead of panicking, calm down first. Try to understand why cough can be caused. And then dry cough in infants Focus on how it passes.
What is Cough? What are the types of cough?
Coughing is the sudden and nocturnal removal of air in the bronchus by the respiratory organs. Cough is an involuntary reflex. This reflex, which is a natural mechanism, is a defense tool of the respiratory system and many causes can trigger this reflex.
As the name suggests, it is a type of cough that does not contain mucus secretion or phlegm with cough. Dry cough in infants sputum or mucus air is excreted from the lungs and irritates the throat more.
This type of cough, which usually produces a severe sound, can sometimes be mild. Sometimes it occurs due to the common cold.
Wet (Sputum) Cough
If your cough is wet, it contains sputum or mucus. Sputum and mucus is a secretion that contains white blood cells. Wet cough indicates the presence of an infection.
Infection-induced cough, accompanying high fever can also bring. Therefore, it is a kind of cough that you should check your baby's fever frequently. Common cold sometimes sputum cough It may cause.
A type of cough caused by croup disease caused by an infection. Croup, also known as pseudopasparase, is a respiratory disease caused by a viral or bacterial infection that affects the area under your baby's vocal cords.
Usually seen in children aged 6 months to 5 years croup cough, bark in the form manifests itself with a sound.
It is a type of cough that manifests itself as wheezing. Asthma and bronchitis diseases such as this may cause.
It is a form of dry cough that occurs when your baby is awake when there is no sleep time. It usually persists after a flu infection.
The reason for being called psychogenic is that the cause of this cough cannot be explained physically.
It is a cough caused by whooping cough in infants. At first, it turns out to be a mild cough and then it turns into severe coughing attacks. During coughing, your baby will suffocate and have difficulty breathing.
Causes of Dry Cough in Infants
In general, dry cough in infants does not contain sputum or mucus, causing painful and strong contractions and persisting for a long time.
Coughing Baby Before you can apply any treatment, you need to know the cause of the problem. Here are some possible reasons;
- Common cold is one of the most common causes. Tickling and irritation in the baby's throat. As a result of this tickling and irritation, babies may have dry cough. As the problem progresses, the cough may become phlegm.
- Flu, so influenza virus is one of the common reasons.
- Low humidity, ie dry air environment, is a cause of dry cough in infants.
- Extremely hot weather can cause dry cough and tickling in babies' throat.
- This cough can also occur in a baby exposed to cigarette smoke or inhaling irritating chemicals.
- As a result of reflux acid content of the stomach to the mouth, babies throat area irritation. This damage can cause dry cough in infants.
- Whooping cough Causes of dry cough between.
- In infants with growth and developmental retardation, common and never-ending wet or the cause of dry cough cystic fibrosis.
For children in case of fever and referral: // www. / Children-in-heat-and-transfer What is /
How does cough in babies pass? Cough Treatment
There are many simple methods that can be applied at home for coughing babies. Usually, these measures are taken, your baby in a very short time hurting and tiring which gets rid of these contractions.
For the treatment of cough;
- Thinking that your baby will be cold to open the door is one of the biggest mistakes made. Ventilate the baby's room frequently and allow fresh air to enter.
- Do not smoke in the baby's environment. And don't let him smoke. I can already hear those who say, ur Okay, dear, we don't smoke next to the baby, we always drink on the balcony. ” You think you leave the smoke on the balcony and go inside, but your clothes, hands, hair and breath carry that smell and the smoke with you to your baby.
- Do not use perfume and room odors. These products not only exacerbate your baby's cough, but also expose your baby to the chemicals it contains.
- Whether in summer or winter, make sure your baby's room is not too hot. Using a room thermometer will make your job easier.
//www.e- / baby-thermometer-c4239 /
- Do not wear narrow, polyester-containing clothing on your mini. These clothes increase your cough by sweating your baby. Dress comfortable and breathable cotton clothes.
- Make sure your baby's room is humid so you can buy a cold steamer.
//www.e- / baby-steam-machine-c4435 /
- Drink plenty of water. If your baby is still breast-fed, breastfeed frequently. Liquid substances such as milk and water soften the throat in infants dry cough bouts It decreases.
- Moistening your baby's nasal canals using a nasal spray can reduce the severity of cough.
- If your baby has passed on additional food, give him a fresh, warm soup.
- You can soften your throat by giving a spoonful of honey together with herbal tea or warm water to the baby over 1 year old who takes additional nutrients.
- Try not to make your baby cry too much. If she cries and screams, your baby's cough becomes more irritating and coughing attacks increases. For this, listen to light music and let it rest.
Please note that you should take your baby to a specialist doctor and ask your doctor for advice before applying all these recommendations.
When should I take my baby to a doctor?
It is useful to take your baby to a doctor after a cough that starts mild, does not pass for a week and intensifies over time.
Sputum cough lasting more than 1-2 months, damaging your baby's bronchi bronchiectasis may cause
In addition, if the baby continues to dry cough, yellow, green or bloody mucus, breathing more than normal, if it is difficult to breathe, fever, and if you have chronic heart or lung disease, you should take your baby to a specialist doctor immediately.
For winter wear for babies: // www. / Baby in-winter-clothing /