We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
* What is fever?
Fever is a symptom used to increase body temperature above daily fluctuations.
Infections are one of the most common causes of fever, but fever may increase in various non-infectious conditions (inflammatory, neoplastic and immune system diseases).
* Is it a disease?
Fever is not a disease of its own, it is a finding in pediatric diseases, especially infections, and is an indicator of the fight against it.
* Can a baby or child's fever rise independently of any reason?
If your child feels warmer than usual, you may need to make a complete measurement by measuring the temperature. Because warm skin doesn't always mean he's got a fever. Body temperature is higher in children than in adults. Each child's body temperature is unique and varies during the day. Therefore, in order to evaluate the fever correctly, it is necessary to know the child's specific body temperature. The child's body temperature varies depending on age, illness, activity, different times of the day, ambient temperature and clothing. However, the disease does not reach the level of fever.
* How many degrees above, for babies and children "fever" means.
Measurements taken from the rectum above 38 degrees, 37.5 in the mouth, 37.2 under the arm, above 38 degrees from the ear should be considered as fever.
* Which temperature, “There is fever, but do not panic”, which “As soon as possible to see a doctor şart means?
When evaluating a child with fever, the general condition of the child rather than the height of the fever should be guiding. The degree of fever is not an indicator of the severity of the disease. Simple viral infections, the most common cause of fever in children, can cause fever of 39-40 degrees. On the contrary, some serious illnesses may not cause very high fever. However, in infants aged 0-33 months, an above-normal body temperature-no matter how many values-requires immediate medical attention. In older children, it is necessary to pay attention to the general condition of the child. If the child is awake, active, playing, eating, drinking, sleeping comfortably, and there is no problem with breathing, there is no need to be afraid. Most parents are likely to have a referral that comes to mind with fever;
• Fever, especially in infants under 2 years
• Fever in children and infants above 40 ° C
• Crying, moaning and restlessness when touched by infants and children
- If the baby can't suck.
• If there is a tendency to sleep near fever
• If purple rashes appear on the skin
• Difficult breathing begins
• If swallowing is difficult
• Previously referred to as “wire transfer ise
• If there is evil in the overview
• If the neck is hardened
• Continuous vomiting, diarrhea (diarrhea) occurs
-Fever lasted more than 3 days
Doctor should be consulted ASAP.
* In case of fever, what should families do before going to the doctor?
First, we must act knowing that fever is an indication that the body is fighting infection. Reducing the child's fever does not mean that we treat the infection. In this case, paracetamol or ibufen group antipyretics may be used. It is necessary to make sure that the febrile child receives more fluid than normal and does not remain dehydrated. If the fever is not too high and the child does not feel bad, it can be peeled off and given a warm shower before giving the medication. The room should be kept cool, clothes should be as thin and cotton as possible
* What should be the waiting period before taking the child without a very high fever to a doctor?
Fever in infants younger than 3 months should be evaluated without delay by the physician. In newborn babies, the lower body temperature is as important as high fever.
If rashes appear with fever, if the fever is around 40 degrees, or if you cannot lower the fever, there is a tendency to sleep with fever, changes in consciousness, if the child is very ill or has unexplained disease symptoms, if he does not want to eat, he cries continuously or if he looks very weak, the nearest health institution.
If the child's temperature is below 40 degrees Celsius and lasts longer than 24 hours and there are no symptoms other than fever, or if it lasts more than 48 hours and does not fall even with antipyretics, seek medical advice.
* Which diseases cause fever in children and babies?
Infections caused by viruses or bacteria: Infections such as colds and flu are common causes of fever. The first 24 hours of colds may be the only finding fever, other symptoms come from behind. Angina, otitis media, diarrhea, urinary tract infection also cause fever. Rarely, serious infections such as pneumonia, meningitis and tuberculosis may also be the cause of fever.
- Fever may occur after some vaccinations, your doctor will warn you when you are vaccinating. If young babies, especially newborns, are over-dressed in warm environments, they will have fever as they cannot balance their body temperature.
- Teething periods
Hisar Intercontinental Hospital
Department of Child Health and Diseases
Exp. Dr. Contact Ece directly