We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
If you ask why science studies are important in preschool period, I have only one answer for you. During this period, children constantly ask questions to explore their environment, try to establish relationships between events. They are happy to find answers to their questions and ask more questions. Science studies are very important in preschool period in order to prevent this learning desire which is found in almost all children to disappear. Remember, the tree bends when it's old! If we want to create a society of people who search, question and produce in the future, we must teach today's children how to do it.
Objectives of science teaching in preschool education
1. Helping the child develop mental skills
a. Detect and identify a problem
b. Obtain and store information about the problem or solution and use it in memory.
c. Using stored information to solve problems in a rational way in daily life
D. Finding new solutions to the problems faced; go back to the beginning and fix the problem when it finds an inadequate solution
to. Search for realistic solutions instead of avoiding problems
2. Gaining the habit of expressing and sharing thoughts freely.
3. To develop a scientific attitude and attitude by teaching the child the process of finding, collecting and exploiting information. Conducting general and unrealistic evaluations from research, avoiding unscientific attitudes such as evaluating information from source, evaluating with information from ear, looking at events from a single point of view.
4. To develop independent thinking and reasoning skills.
5. To gain sensitivity to what is happening around the child.
6. To give the child listening skills.
What can be taught?
a. Objects around the child. Properties of objects such as size, color, shape, size, similarities and differences between objects, classification and ordering of objects.
b. Information about the senses and their functions.
c. Characteristics of other living things such as plants and animals, fundamental differences between living and inanimate beings.
D. The events of our Earth and space and their properties.
Some of the materials you can benefit from:
1. Materials such as seeds, leaves, flowers, insects that children can collect and accumulate.
2. Scales, magnifying glass, measuring utensils, thermometer, magnet, compass, ruler, binoculars, globe and Electrical tools (flashlight, hair dryer, batteries, wires, bulbs). Various kitchen utensils (strainer, funnel, pipette, plastic containers and buckets)
3. Science books, slides and slide machine
4. Plant germination containers (different legumes and seeds such as beans, chickpeas, lentils)
5. Pets and their nests
Contact Idil directly