We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Burns and scalds first aid
First aid for burns and scalds: key steps
If the burn is severe or if the burn is to the child's airway, call an ambulance - phone 000.
If you're not sure how severe a burn is, contact a doctor, hospital or medical centre immediately.
Then take the following first aid steps:
- Make sure the area is safe, and there's no further risk of injury. Take the child to a safe place if possible.
- Take off clothing or jewellery around the burn, but only if it's not stuck to the skin and only if you can do so without causing more pain or injury. You might have to cut clothes to remove them.
- As soon as possible, hold the burned area under cool running water for a total of 20 minutes. This will reduce tissue damage and pain. You don't have to cool the burn for 20 minutes all at once. If your child gets upset or cold, treat the burn for a few minutes and then take a break before treating the burn again. You can cool the burn like this for up to three hours.
- When you've finished the water treatment or while you're taking the child to see a doctor, cover the burn with a loose, light, non-sticky dressing like plastic wrap or a plastic ziplock bag.
- Raise burned limbs.
When to call an ambulance for a burn
Call an ambulance if:
- the burn is to the face, hands or genitals
- the burn is to the airway - signs of an airway burn include coughing, wheezing or soot around the mouth or nostrils
- the burn is larger than the size of the child's hand.
When to get medical help for a burn
Go to a doctor, hospital or medical centre if:
- the burn or scald is the size of a 20-cent piece or larger
- the burn is deep, even if the child doesn't feel any pain
- the burn looks raw, angry or blistered
- the pain persists or is severe
- you're not sure how bad the burn is.
What not to do with burns
- Don't peel off any clothing that's stuck to the burn.
- Don't break any blisters.
- Don't apply ice, iced water, lotions, moisturisers, oil, ointments, butter or flour, creams or powders to the burn. This will make the damage worse.
- If the burn is large, don't cool it for longer than 20 minutes. This is because hypothermia can happen quickly in children.
You can also bring the fruit to a boil
On hot summer days, we consume more fluids, which are needed to prevent the heat sickness. It is especially important for small children to pay attention to this, but it is also important to keep the fluid intact.
You can also bring the fruit to a boilIf you go back to consuming fruits and juices, lightly Transient fructose malabsorption can develop, which is a characteristic symptom of aqueous diarrhea.
Transient fructose dyspneaThe consumption of fresh fruits is part of a balanced diet, as they contain not only a lot of vitamins and minerals but also a lot of fiber, so that the gastrointestinal system functions well. However, if we consume more in the long term, mellйkhatбsokat can also cause.
You can also bring the fruits to a boilIn diarrhea, diarrhea can be even more dangerous, and consuming fructose-containing foods when heated can easily do so, he warns. dr. Polgár Marianne, pediatrician of the Allergy Center of Buda, chief physician of gastroenterology. Transient fructose intolerance can occur on any skin, healthy, well developed 2-3 years old common. If a child consumes a lot of food containing fructose (fruit juice, fruit juice), the body is unable to break it down due to the high amount. The most common symptom is aqueous diarrhea, which in severe cases can cause discharge.
You do not have to give up fructose meals at the endFructose malabsorption can be detected by a H2 test and a glucose load. The symptoms Transition diet at the same time, the intestinal system goes after regeneration, and fructose-containing foods can be gradually reintroduced into the diet.
What should we eat during the diet?Which is because of the high content of fructose clearly to be avoided: apples, pears, quince, figs and grapes. However, in the case of fructose malabsorption, not only the fruits, but even the crystalline sugar used for sweetening can cause stomach fat. In everyday use, crystalline sugar, powdered sugar contains rapeseed sugar, some of which is fructose, so this, and honey, should be avoided.
How can we prevent this from happening?Dr. Marianne Polgárr emphasizes that in the field of prevention, we don't have to eliminate the fruits the order of the child. If you have a meal, a snack for your child's age, you can eat green vegetables for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The main problem, if you get almost all fruit juices during the refilling process, is that they cause a lot of unpleasant symptoms. Igyekezzьnk with a variety of drinks to cook the little ones in the heat. If you do not drink the water by mouth, you can make homemade fresh water by soaking fresh fruit in a glass, but with home-made lemonade or chilled fruit tea without any sugar.
- It is tricky for a kid to drink more water
- Fruit juices: New professional offer
- Hydration, depletion - fluid consumption in childhood
Everything You Need to Know About Childhood Central Inflammation
How do we make children eat fruits and vegetables?
Tips that can help you reduce the risk of raising grumpy children
Familiarizing the child with new tastes means openness to fruit consumption and creating habits to have a balanced diet. Fruit and vegetable juices and mousse are an excellent way to diversify nutrition and play an important role in the development of the child.
Fruits and vegetables are the basis of a balanced diet
Lack of vegetables is one of the most common mistakes in children's nutrition. Vegetables are an important source of vitamins (B, C, beta carotene), minerals (potassium, magnesium, calcium, manganese, copper, zinc, molybdenum) and cellulose - informs WHO. These elements play an essential role for the immunity of the child in the fight against infections and provide an adequate dose of energy.
Therefore, education on fruit and vegetable consumption, as well as eating habits are very important for children. Unfortunately, children tend to choose only the fruits and vegetables they were familiar with, which is why it is very difficult to convince them to try new flavors. What can you do to keep a rude baby from growing up?
Safe ways to get kids to eat
There are multiple factors that cause children to reject the consumption of certain products. Therefore, it is difficult to provide simple solutions, but there are some fundamental principles that can reduce the risk of having a rude and even sick child. Here are the tips offered by Serban Damian, a specialist in sports nutrition, specialization obtained through an international program organized by the International Olympic Committee, dedicated to doctors and led by nutrition specialists from the largest universities in the world:
1. Parents have to decide when, where and what the child will eat, and the child will decide how much to consume.
2. Serve the meal in a quiet room and have the child sit on the chair. Don't distract them.
3. Keep an interval of 3-4 hours between meals and do not give the child snacks.
4. Suggest different products and do not give up when the child refuses to consume them.
5. Give him small portions (such as the size of his sleeve).
6. Reward children when consuming another meal time (a promise might work for a small child and a toy for an older child).
7. Do not use food as a reward / reward.
Juices and mousse for everyone
The introduction of new flavors and consistencies, as well as the increase of food portions, can enrich the child's diet with important nutrients. If the child does not want to eat fruits and vegetables, an alternative may be juices and mousse from fruits and vegetables because they are a natural source of vitamins, organic acids, cellulose and myelogens. Due to their consistency, shape, which makes them easy to serve and their diverse aromas, juices and mousse are ideal for children.
Even though some parents are afraid of choosing juices and mousse from the shops, considering that they contain preservatives and coloring agents, Serban Damian assures us that these fears have no basis.
"I have noticed parents who want to feed their children in a healthy way, but because they are afraid of sugar and preservatives, they do not offer juices and mousse. I have always argued that this is not the right attitude. According to the legal regulations, it is forbidden to add dyes, artificial flavors or sweeteners in 100% juices. 100% Mousse - do not contain preservatives, sugar, syrup or any artificial additives, but they contain vitamins and other nutrients. Eating juices or mousse with different flavors can be a simple and effective way to naturally supplement the diet of children with valuable ingredients from fruits or vegetables. "
The positive effects of proper nutrition are observed only after a certain period of time, so it is recommended that a diet rich in fruits and vegetables be introduced from childhood. Remember, however, that getting used to new flavors is a long process that involves the introduction of new products constantly.
The campaign "Mousse and juice 100%! here are the smart vitamins ”is funded by the European Union and Poland, as well as by the Fruit and Vegetable Promotion Fund and KUPS members.
Additional information about the campaign is available on the website www.sucsimousse.eu and on the Facebook page "Live Smart".
For more information on smart vitamins, including tips on how to draw fruit and vegetables with your kids, visit www.sucsimousse.eu and the Facebook page www.facebook.com/TradeSMART
The sleeping pills Ambien and Lunesta are considered safe to use for occasional use while breastfeeding because very little of the drug gets into the breast milk and reaches the baby. (Consult your doctor before taking any medications while nursing.)
But you have to consider whether it's safe to sleep heavily when you have a baby to care for. If you need to take sleep medication occasionally, make sure another caregiver is available to hear your baby when she needs you.
And it's never a good idea to take sleep medication if your baby sleeps in your bed with you since you can lose awareness and either roll onto the baby or push her out of the bed.
Learn more about the safety of commonly used medications during breastfeeding.