Safety measures in case of storm, for the whole family
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
All about scoliosis in babies
Contrary to popular belief, scoliosis does not only affect adolescents and adults: it can also appear in the first months of baby's life. Fortunately, in the vast majority of cases, scoliosis of the infant is without the least gravity.
Scoliosis of baby: what symptoms?
- Scoliosis refers to a deviation of the spine due to the rotation of a larger or smaller number of vertebrae.
- The scoliosis of the baby may remain asymptomatic for many months, but parents often observe that their baby bends systematically in an arc when they lie down, their head always turned to the same side. When they try to turn his head in the other direction, he is obviously embarrassed (a torticollis can accompany scoliosis).
- To note: as baby always has the head resting on the same side, his skull can slightly flatten. This is not very serious, because this deformation can be corrected quite easily by simply helping baby to change position regularly. In addition, it does not present a danger for the cerebral development of baby.
Scoliosis of the baby: how to explain it?
- In the vast majority of cases, scoliosis of the baby is idiopathic. By "idiopathic" it is necessary to understand "of unknown cause". Most often, it occurs between 3 and 6 months: it may be due to a bad fetal position, as if baby had been "molded" (in English, it is called "molded baby") in the uterus.
- Much more rarely, baby scoliosis may be related to a disease such as myopathy (muscle disease), for example, or a congenital malformation of its spine.
Scoliosis of baby: diagnosis and treatment
- After examining the baby, the doctor will probably ask for X-rays of his spine to confirm the diagnosis of scoliosis. Complementary examinations are also often required to investigate the possible cause of scoliosis (eg, MRI).
- In the most classic case (idiopathic scoliosis reported before 6 months), it is almost never necessary to treat scoliosis because, in the majority of cases, it resorbs itself before the age of 2 years. .
- The first signs of improvement often appear when the baby's muscular development allows him to sit on his own. However, it is necessary, as a precaution, to regularly monitor the evolution of scoliosis (usually it is necessary to count a radiograph and a clinical examination every 1 to 3 months until the disappearance of scoliosis).
- It also happens that scoliosis occurs between 6 months and 3 years: this form of infant scoliosis is very rare, but requires special attention because the chances of spontaneous healing are lower. At the slightest sign of worsening of scoliosis on the X-ray, the pediatrician will prescribe a treatment adapted to correct the deformation of the spine. There are several possible approaches depending on the severity of scoliosis, but in general, the treatment is mainly based on the wearing of a corset for some time and physiotherapy sessions.
Migration, what an adventure!
Fathers Day Card Ideas For Kids!
First vacation at his grandma
If the cold season gets in the way then mild respiratory viruses, but also other acute respiratory infections, hang around the children. They are extremely sensitive to these conditions because they have a weakened immune system. From the nose and throat to the nasal pathways, then to the trachea, to the bronchi and lungs, all can be affected by viruses that circulate in the cold. Learn how to recognize the main respiratory infections in children!
What are respiratory infections?
Respiratory infections are inflammatory diseases and conditions of the respiratory system that have an infectious cause. Some of them develop in acute forms. These occur in a year in children with a frequency of about 4 illnesses.
Types of respiratory infections
Respiratory infections fall into two broad categories:
upper respiratory tract: colds, flu, gout, acute otitis, acute sinusitis;
of the lower respiratory system: acute bronchitis, pneumonia, bronchiolitis, obstructive bronchitis, laryngotracheitis.
Frequent respiratory infections
Colds are the most common and easiest form of airway infection in children. It manifests quite often within a year.
Cold symptoms begin with an increase in body temperature, then with a mild cough, sore throat and mild rhinorrhea.
The treatment is not a specific one, because the cold has a viral cause, ie it is caused by a virus that cannot be removed with the help of drugs. It goes away by itself in 10 days. It is acted upon by certain medicines only to relieve the symptoms. Otherwise, a series of treatment measures are taken at home.
When the infection attacks the bronchial tube of the child the disease is called bronchitis. It becomes inflamed and narrowed.
Symptoms are: sore throat, fever, distressing cough, choking sensation, fatigue, etc.
The treatments for this condition differ depending on the severity of the symptoms. The condition may pass by itself in about a week, and if this does not happen, they will most likely be indicated for bronchodilators. These are drugs that have the role of widening the narrow tube and thus allowing easier breathing. Corticosteroids are indicated to improve inflammation.
Bronsiolitis is an inflammatory disease of the airways that is characterized by an acute bronchitis syndrome.
The symptoms of this condition are similar to the common cold: fever, stuffy nose, mild cough, etc.
Most cases of bronchitis in children are mild and do not require a complex treatment, but home treatment specific to the cold.
Respiratory syncytial virus
Children up to 2 years of age are very sensitive to contracting respiratory syncytial virus. This is a virus that can give rise to lung and upper respiratory tract infections.
The symptoms are similar to the cold: cough, rhinorrhea, fever, headache, impaired condition, and the treatment is similar to the common colds.
If the virus has caused acute lung infections, then your doctor will most likely recommend an antibiotic to treat the infection.
In children with an increased risk of complication following infection (who have congenital heart and lung disease, prematurity, etc.) the specialists recommend a medicine called palivizumab. It provides the necessary antibodies against the respiratory syncytial dream and is administered as a preventive measure not as a treatment.
Laryngitis is an inflammatory disease of the respiratory tract and is characterized by inflammation of the larynx after contracting a virus.
In children, laryngitis is quite aggressive because it causes airway blockage and acute neck pain. The child can always be tired because he cannot sleep, he can be pale, etc.
If laryngitis is not accompanied by fever then it can be treated at home, by administering many hot liquids. It passes in a few days by itself.
Pneumonia is a lung infection that can be caused by viruses, bacteria and parasites. It often occurs as a result of a complication of the usual respiratory viruses such as colds and flu.
Symptoms of pneumonia range from fever, cough, shortness of breath, vomiting to chest pain, loss of appetite or even abdominal cramps.
This infection is treated with antibiotics and home care for each individual symptom, in an attempt to improve them.
Sinusitis is an inflammation of the sinus mucosa that is often confused with a common cold. This disease occurs as a result of frequent recurrent episodes of common respiratory viruses.
The condition is manifested by clogged nose, gout and mild fever.
The treatment of sinusitis varies according to the cause that caused it: if it is caused by the bacteria, the doctors will recommend antibiotics, if it is produced by viruses it will act according to the usual treatments for colds and flu, that is, by treatment at home.
Tags Respiratory infections children Colds children Sinusitis children Respiratory syncytial virus babies Respiratory infections children Respiratory infections children Respiratory disorders
Lymph nodes are often incorrectly called glands. These are switching points in the lymphatic system, which has an important function in protecting against diseases.
Lymph node swelling may have a number of causes
Lymphatic ducts remove tissues and by-products from the body's tissues that are blocked in the lymph nodes, and white blood cells can damage the lymph nodes in the body. During lysis, bacterial and viral infections, the lymph nodes responsible for the area may be swollen. In children, neck and throat lymph nodes are often affected, indicating nasopharyngeal, otic, or scalp disorders. However, if you remain swollen for days, feel tired, or grow older, you will need to take your child to a doctor. In this case, it is absolutely necessary to clarify the reasons.
Lymph node swelling around the throatPossible cause: mandulagyulladбsOther possible symptoms are:
Lymph node swelling in the armpit and perineumPossible cause: sйrьlйsOther possible symptoms are:
Swollen lymph nodes throughout the bodyPossible cause: Pfeiffer-féle glandularOther possible symptoms are:
Forrбs: Gyermekbetegsйgek cнmы book
Learn to make the Pink Panther with balloons. Balloon twisting
Baked golden chicken in its juice
Baked chicken, a typical grandmother's recipe that your children can now also enjoy. A very simple dish to prepare, perfect for beginners or to teach children some rudiments of cooking.
As it is a baked recipe, you have to be very careful, but you can let them put it in place and season it, and so they learn what the world of cooking is like. A simple and tasty dish that is passed on to new generations.
- 1 chicken of 2 kg approximately
- ½ onion
- White wine
Tips: to decorate, use parsley and a lemon wedge, you can squeeze it as a side.
1. Preheat the oven to 150º
2. Cut the chicken into quarters and season them.
3. Put them in a saucepan with a little oil, making sure that they all touch the bottom
4. Bake over low heat so that the chicken is slowly sweating
5. Turn them over and add the finely chopped onion and parsley. Keep baking.
6. When the chicken is golden, add the white wine and water, leave for 20 minutes.
Recipe by Angela Repiso - Colmenar Viejo
You can read more articles similar to Baked golden chicken in its juice, in the category of Meats on site.