Quitting smoking during pregnancy: Compare your options
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Yogurt cake with lemon and cinnamon
In recent years, the number of multiple births has increased markedly. A multiple birth has its risks, but thanks to medical control, most of the possible complications can be anticipated in advance, to adopt concrete solutions.
In general, both the timing and the form of delivery cannot be predicted. When it comes to a pregnancy with a single baby, it is possible to be correct when making some predictions regarding the time of delivery, but in the case of a delivery of twins or twins, it is much more difficult.
The type of delivery it will depend on the position of the babies inside the uterus. Most babies, as the day of their birth approaches, they position themselves in a cephalic position, that is, head down. But in the case of twins or twins it is normal for present different combinations in the position they adopt and, according to this position, the medical team will choose the most suitable type of delivery.
The odds of the delivery of a multiple pregnancy either by cesarean section, it is larger than in a single baby delivery. As in any birth, they can also occur problems with the umbilical cord or the position of the placenta.
Normally, although not always, in a twin pregnancy babies are usually smaller and weigh less. Being smaller than other babies, their expulsion by vaginal route is easier than in a single fetus delivery. However, size is not the only thing that matters in determining whether the two babies will be delivered vaginally or by cesarean section.
The choice betweencaesarean section or vaginal route depends on several factors:
1. The moment in which labor begins, since if it is very premature, it is not possible to do it vaginally.
2. The position of fetuses.
3. If there is fetal suffering.
4. If there are other types of complications.
Thecomplications In multiple births, the most frequent that can occur in a twin or twin delivery are usually:
1. Slow dilation. In multiple pregnancies, it is normal for contractions are less intense and, therefore, the slowest dilation. The reason is that the womb is very distended by the weight of the fetuses and the uterine muscles lose flexibility and do not cause the desired contractions. To solve this problem, oxytocin is given to the mother.
2. Misplaced fetuses. With ultrasound, doctors preview the position of the fetuses to make the appropriate decisions.
3. Tangled umbilical cords. It occurs in the case of univiteline twins, that is, they share an amniotic bag.
4. Compression of the umbilical cord. The danger of the cord becoming compressed occurs when the cord of the first baby is ahead of the presentation of the second baby. In this case, the baby may not get enough oxygen, that is, suffer from fetal distress. To avoid this it is necessary to perform a cesarean section.
5. Placental abruption. Sometimes it can happen after the first baby is born. To avoid possible symptoms of fetal suffering in the second baby, the latter should be removed immediately.
6. Retention of placenta. It can be solved by performing a manual delivery.
7. Postpartum hemorrhage. This complication occurs when the uterus is very dilated and cannot contract on its own. Drug administration is necessary.
In multiple births, they are usually present, in addition to a gynecologist and / or midwife, an anesthetist and a neonatologist so that you value babies at birth. It is advisable for the clinic or hospital to have a special unit for premature babies.
During delivery, the mother will be connected to a fetal monitor so the doctor can monitor each baby's progress. If the delivery is vaginal, as babies are usually smaller, their size will make it easier to push them out.
After delivery, the placentas and membranes should be carefully examined for establish zygosity. In case you need a cesarean section, you will receive anesthesia and a vertical and horizontal incision will be made in your abdomen and uterus. Babies will come out at intervals of a few minutes. In the event of preterm delivery, the babies will be immediately transferred to the neonatal ICU for special care.
The position of the babies inside the womb will determine the type of delivery that the mother will have. Statistics say that in 75-80 percent of cases, the first twin is usually in the cephalic position, spontaneous vaginal delivery is possible. However, the second twin must be born within the next twenty minutes. If after that wait, the second baby has not been born, the team has to intervene to avoid fetal distress or lack of progress.
Between the possibilities of action is it so:
- Breech extraction
Suction cup if presentation is cephalic, but the baby is high in the uterus
Forceps, when the baby's head is embedded
You can read more articles similar to Delivery of twins or twins. Multiple birth, in the category of Twins / Twins on site.
Multiple Pregnancy - Obstetrics
Names that work for boys and girls
You may already be looking for the baby's name before you know if it is a girl or a boy. In these cases it is best to use a unisex name, with which you can familiarize yourself before knowing the sex of the baby.
Unisex names are suitable for both boys and girls and offer great possibilities because you find original names but also well-known traditional names. We have a list of 10 unisex names in which you will surely find the ideal name for your baby.
1. Ariel. This name is of Hebrew origin and has a meaning related to 'the strength of a lion'. We like it for its forceful meaning and because it is not extravagant despite retaining an original touch.
2. Cross. It is a name of Latin origin with an obvious meaning of 'cross' which spread in the early days of Christianity. It is used a lot in compound names, but its unisex character gives it a very particular air.
3. Eider. The name is of Basque origin and means 'beauty'. It is one of the names that serve both for girls and boys that we like the most because it exudes charm and personality.
4. Alex. This name of Greek origin that means 'he who protects men' is the diminutive of Alejandro or Alejandra. In this variant, Alex gains in forcefulness and personality for being a simple name and it also works for boys and girls.
5. Yeray. It is a name of Guanche origin that means 'big'. Used for both boys and girls, it retains all the freshness and charm of a name shrouded in mystery.
6. Harper. The name is of English origin and means 'harpist'. It has become popular thanks to the girl of a couple as mediatic as the Beckhams, but it is a name with a long tradition that also works for children.
7. Noah. This name is of Hebrew origin and has a meaning related to 'Rest'. Its unisex character makes it a very magnetic name that we can also find in the Noa variant.
8. Paris. It is a name of Greek origin to which many attribute a meaning of 'lover'. So old and masculine as to be the name of one of the protagonists of 'The Iliad' and so modern and feminine as to be known by one of the most media celebrities, Paris Hilton.
9. Morgan. The name has a Welsh origin and means 'shining ocean'. It is one of the most attractive names for both boys and girls because it is very original despite its long tradition.
10. Andrea. This name of Greek origin means 'brave' and it is the most popular unisex name. It has great strength and is able to print character and personality, so it can be the ideal name for your baby.
You can read more articles similar to Names that work for boys and girls, in the category of Names for boys on site.
Riddle: Do you know how many I had?
The letter V
Do you know how many I had?
Five Romans I had
in a single letter,
And I don't mean it with a trick.
Guess, guess ... Riddles for kids are a great way to stimulate intelligence, logic and creativity in your little ones. Also, this children's game provides a wonderful opportunity to spend time with the family.
For this reason, on our site we have created a fun application to play riddles as a family, with thousands of riddles to stimulate children in their learning and help them learn vocabulary with a fun game.
You can search children's riddles from different categories, pick a random puzzle, get clues, and enjoy an afternoon of family leisure, in the company of our pet. Go ahead and try your luck!
During pregnancy, many people make false decisions about dental treatments with unfounded information about oral and dental health. Dentist Çağdaş Kışlaoğlu evaluates the wrong and correct information of the mothers during this period…
Lose One Teeth Every Pregnancy: FALSE
The public does not reflect a scientific fact that the calcium that is necessary for the baby during pregnancy is taken from the mother's teeth, causing the mother's teeth to decay quickly, which is why the mothers are losing their teeth.
No Calcium Dissolution in Teeth During Pregnancy: TRUE
During pregnancy, the mother and the mother's bones to be healthy bones of the mother, 1200 to 1500 mg of calcium daily needs to take. If the mother cannot meet the calcium requirement from food, the calcium necessary for the development of the baby is met from the bones of the mother. However, if the expectant mother feeds well during pregnancy and provides adequate oral-dental care, this period does not encounter a different dental problem than the normal period.
Teeth Less Brushed While Pregnant: FALSE
With the effect of pregnancy hormones, the mother gently bleeds gums and avoids brushing her teeth. However, expectant mothers should pay more attention to dental health during pregnancy. Teeth should be brushed carefully after breakfast and before bedtime.
Tooth Decay Should Be Treated Before Pregnancy: RIGHT
If there is caries in the teeth, it should be treated before pregnancy. Decayed teeth during pregnancy can lead to premature birth and low birth weight of the baby.
Brushing Teeth Immediately After Vomiting: FALSE
Tooth brush should not be brushed immediately after vomiting, mouth should be rinsed with plenty of water. Otherwise, tooth brushing combined with gastric acid causes erosion of the teeth.
If Eating Sweet Foods While Pregnant, The Child Will Be A Girl, If Eaten Sour
Nutrition during pregnancy is very important for both mother's and baby's general health and oral-dental health. However, food consumed has no effect on determining the baby's sex. Conversely, expectant mothers should avoid sugar as much as possible, especially between meals. Sticky sugary foods such as dried fruit and caramel should be avoided.
Tooth Stone Cleaning While Pregnant: FALSE
Pregnant mothers should pay more attention to oral and dental health during pregnancy than normal. The increase in hormones during pregnancy makes the oral mucosa more sensitive to external agents, especially bacterial plaques. For this reason, during the period of three to four months during the period of dental calculus cleaning, is an ideal way to maintain difficult oral hygiene.
Avoiding Dental Treatment During Pregnancy: TRUE
Effective dental treatment should be avoided in the first 3 months of pregnancy, which is the organ development stage of the baby.
Should Avoid Treatment Even in Emergency Situations: FALSE
In emergencies such as dental or gingivitis, the idea that existing infection may affect the development of the baby more than the negativity of dental treatment should be taken into consideration and dental treatment should be performed according to the recommendations of a gynecologist.
No Oral Mouthwash in Pregnancy: FALSE
During pregnancy, mouthwashes or warm salt water should be gargled with. Especially warm salt water relaxes the gums and reduces gum sensitivity.
She's a letter to a stranger who, because of her long hair, made my son look like a girl
A thoughtful message was written by Mother.ly's author for the coming people.Letter to a stranger who made my son look like a girl because of her long hair (Fotу: iStock) The other day, there was a party for our family on the street; A woman I hadn't seen before smiled at me and approached my husband. When he walked in, he looked at my 3-year-old son and asked, "Х a boy or what?".I looked down at my long, golden-haired little boy, and then back at the woman.I didn't say the first thing that came to mind was that in these 3 years, my little boy was always the one who wanted to be. Sometimes he awakened to the fact that he was a puppy dog, sometimes a researcher, sometimes he said he had superpower, and sometimes he was just himself.But this woman probably didn't understand what she was asking.This is what my father recalled. Who, even at age 83, was a true Walt Whitman-type male, had worked most of his life, spent two years in a hilly area, and had the advantage of being a lark. We didn't see much of each other, we talked occasionally over the phone. But since I was born, my son felt closer to me than ever. My son was adorably like his grandfather. For example, the way it is. Or as you go. As you, and as you think of the world. But most of all they have hair. They both have long, curly hairs on their shoulders, only one of them is silver and the other is golden.It was really what this or what it was referring to. A little boy with a long hair.I remember when I was in my baby room and with my legs in the air, the baby in the room sent me to bed and looked down at my newborn son and woke up almost immediately. Did I ask him what he meant by that? And he said that the baby's little head had gray hair all over it, so to speak in a rude style.When the nurse put the baby in my hand, I carefully unfolded the blanket, laid it on my chest, and just stroked it on the fine hair of the miracle face. I could only say that from that moment on I was convinced of the importance of my little boy's hair, but honestly it wasn't like that. When he was about 2 years old, I entered into a permanent shampooing, rinsing and drying routine and booked a date for him. The hairdresser put on the cape, and when he began to cut my son's hair, I saw the horror unfold on his face. I leaned over to her trembling body as she screamed and tried desperately to comfort her. It wasn't the same scream I hear when I give her a yellow spoon at dinner instead of blue. Or what comes when we stop the cartoon on dune and tell him it's time for sleep. It was another scream. Хsi. It's heartbreaking sad.The hair took only 15 minutes, but it broke both of us. He sat in the car, falling into himself, with a broken heart. I tried to hold the mirror up and smile. Ubiquitous to show that everything will be fine. But she only shook her head as she said, This is not me, Mom.2 She couldn't put it all into words for years, but she knew that her hair was as much an identity as her arm, foot or eyes. And from that moment on, I knew if you ever change that, it must be your own decision.Her hair grew again and again in an instant, reaching her shoulders again. Occasionally, mainly out of curiosity, I ask him if he is considering retaking it. The usual answer is always "Uh, no, Mom. I love my hair". I always choose to do it completely.Perhaps I thought too much about the answer that could be given to the question that this woman asked. Could the woman just be a new neighbor who's just tried to start a conversation? Or the kind who thinks that the world can be more easily understood if everyone has a small labeled box to put in. When I thought about it, I suddenly felt sad about how tight the world was. Whatever it was intended to be, curious, or anything trivial, it is a great pity that he raised just that when there is so much better topic to discuss.I smiled at him finally."You know what? Ъ a boy or what." Then I kindly patted, turned, grabbed my son's hand, and walked over to our little common bubble. (VIA)Related links: