Drooling in children with disabilities
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Why are there more violent cases at Christmas?
"During the holidays, especially during the New Year and Christmas, the incidence of violent acts increases," said dr. Nadine Kaslow, professor of psychology at Emory University.According to experts, the main reason may be higher levels of alcohol and drug use than usual.
Increased stress is based on a variety of sources and tensions that we are not aware of in most of the year. "At times like this, in spite of our limited financial income, we want our children to fulfill all their Christmas desires. said Sheryl Rindel, director of the Prevention of Domestic Violence program.
Nervous at Christmas
Experts also fear that people will face more strain than usual because of financial concerns around the world. There are also many family conflicts in the money.
"Violence or punishment in the family is when someone exercises power and control over another member of the family. When the victim feels that he or she loses control over the other, he or she regains power. increased alcohol and drug use, the combination can be fatal, "he added.
Are you in danger? Have a refugee plan!According to Dr. Kaslow, if the parties are incapable of remedying the problem, it is best for the person suffering the punishment to leave the relationship. Yeah, if you always have a "refuge plan", always have your official papers ready to go, whether you're a family member or a friend who will accept or know your nearest refuge.
Most importantly, recognizing that going back is not normal and should not settle for the situation. "It should be remembered that the year does not have to eradicate physical, sexual, emotional or even oral and psychological abuse," said Dr. Kaslow.
They may also be interested in:
Your 8-year-old now
Boys and girls can definitely handle their own showers or baths now, but you may still need to be involved in a few ways. Demonstrate how little shampoo, conditioner, or body wash are actually needed – kids tend to overestimate. And time showers to make sure they're not too long. Some kids get carried away and waste water.
At this age, there's usually little body odor from sweating, but it is possible as your child matures. Deodorant is safe to use (ideally without antiperspirant so your child can still sweat to cool down the body. Provide nail clippers (you may need to help with clipping your child's dominant hand).
Girls may want to shave their legs or pluck their eyebrows. It's your call, but point out that once they start down this path, they need to do regular maintenance. There's nothing wrong with saying "You're too young" if that's what you believe and setting limits.
One argument holds that the later a girl focuses on her appearance in these ways, the less self-critical she's liable to be. She may complain that her friends all do these things, but this is a good opportunity to let her know that she doesn't always need to march in lockstep with peers. (Besides, it's unlikely all her friends shave and pluck.)
Uncircumcised boys should know the correct way to keep the foreskin area of the penis clean.
Be sure your child knows to change underwear daily. It sounds obvious, but some kids don't think to do this.
Your life now
Hugging is good for kids – even after they protest they're "too old for that." Although opportunities for snuggling may seem fewer and farther between as your child grows too big for your lap, there are ways to sneak hugs into her day.
Some families make a quick hug part of their good morning and goodnight routines. (Touch-resistant kids are often most open to cuddling when they're not quite awake or sleepy.)
Try to incorporate hugs into your expressions of gratitude or congratulations. Hugs after reprimands are a nice way to transition to a clean slate.
advertisement | page continues below
Art courses for children Paper houses
Nursing Mothers Attention!
Baby sucking milk in her throat constantly can not breathe Why I wonder?
You finally got your little baby in your arms. Now you have a challenging yet beautiful day
If it's not your first baby, you've already had a lot of experience and you've probably learned what to do when you're taking care of your baby; however, if this is your first baby, it is normal that you do not know what to do in some cases because you are inexperienced in baby care.
In the early postnatal period, the relationship between mother and baby is mostly through breastfeeding. Breastfeeding is the most natural form of feeding for the newborn; however, in some cases, especially mothers who are inexperienced in babysitting, may experience some problems during breastfeeding.
With these problems, many questions appear in mind.
One of them is “babe leaks milk in her throatI wonder why? Before learning the answer to this question, let's talk about what you need to pay attention to while breastfeeding.
What should be considered while breastfeeding?
The most natural way to feed your baby breastfeed We have mentioned that; however, although we say that breastfeeding is a beneficial process for mother and baby, it is not so easy for mothers who have not survived the puerperium period.
By discovering the mistakes you make while breastfeeding with some small tips, you can be more beneficial to your baby and make breastfeeding easier.
- Before breastfeeding you should wash your hands and wipe your nipple with a clean damp cloth to prevent germ contamination.
- You should make sure that your baby's face and body are facing you. You should hold the baby to bring the baby's body under your arm and the baby's head on your elbow. You can also support the baby by holding it in the butt.
- Before your baby starts sucking, your baby might not like it when you force the baby's head closer to the breast. Your baby will find the breast itself.
- Your baby should be able to suck the brown part on your nipple as much as possible while sucking. Her chin should rest against your chest. You should also be able to make eye contact with your baby.
- When you are breastfeeding, you can squeeze your breasts with your fingers slightly so that the milk will flow more easily and your baby will breathe more easily.
- After breastfeeding you should check whether your baby is saturated. Most mothers think that their baby is saturated after breastfeeding and do not follow any signs that the baby is saturated.
What are Baby Breastfeeding Positions?
Cradle Holding on Lap
This is the most common type of breastfeeding, as mentioned above, the baby's head on the mother's elbow, the body's arm rests on the inside of the mother's arm.
Cross Cradle Grip
If your baby is having trouble finding the breast, Breastfeeding type will suit you. It will also provide convenience when breastfeeding at night.
In this position, with your baby's body facing you again, you grasp the baby with your arm on the other side of the breastfeeding and your hand is behind your baby's neck.
Your baby's mouth Keep your breast level and grasp your nipple with your hand on the side of the breast to provide milk flow.
This position is particularly convenient for mothers who have delivered by cesarean section. It would be a good idea to use a pillow to get the position more comfortable.
Grasp your baby's head with your palm and pass the body under your arm with the help of your arm. Place a pillow under the head to ensure proper height for the baby to suck. Place your baby with your face facing towards you.
Many mothers would like to think that this position is quite comfortable. In this position you lie with your baby on a flat surface. You can put a pillow behind your baby so that it does not roll backwards. For your own comfort, you can also put a pillow behind your back or under your elbow.
Why is my baby leaking milk in her throat?
Now let's get to the real issue. There are many mothers who complain that my baby is leaking milk in her throat.
Well, the main reason for this is that you have too much milk
Although your baby has a suckling reflex in the womb, newborn babies may have difficulty sucking for the first time. While sucking, your baby's mouth to come quickly obstructing the windpipe and inability to breathe why could it be.
Milk infiltration of babies Another reason for the condition is the wrong breastfeeding positions. The mistakes made in this regard are as follows:
- One of the biggest mistakes in breastfeeding is not being able to adjust the baby's head to a sufficient height. If the baby's head is below the level of your breast, it is inevitable that it will escape to the nasal passages.
- We talked about the baby's breastfeeding positions. Some positions may not always be right for your baby. For example, lying in the breastfeeding position baby suck milk in throat the probability is quite high. Some experts do not find this position right.
- Another mistake is not to make sure your nose is open while breastfeeding your baby. In this way, the baby remains breathless while sucking and tries to breathe through the mouth when a break is taken. In this way, the milk in his mouth can escape the throat.
Apart from breastfeeding errors such as, breastfeeding may also be due to congenital laryngomalacia.
In this case, the upper part of the larynx collapses when breathing can cause wheezing and infiltration of milk in the throat while sucking.
What should be done to prevent the baby from missing milk in the throat while sucking?
As we mentioned earlier, if there is a problem that the baby has milk in his throat and cannot breathe while breastfeeding, it means that your milk is very abundant.
Considering that many mothers complain about low milk, you might be lucky in a way. Milk escapes my baby's throat and can't breathe before breastfeeding your baby so as not to worry;
- Grip the breast with both hands and weigh the weight. If it is heavier than your previous breastfeeding, too much milk has accumulated in your breast.
- Which breast you are breastfeeding milk your breast 15-20 ml must. Otherwise, especially if your baby is too small, even if you have adjusted your position correctly, your baby will suddenly get excess milk in her mouth and escape into the trachea.
- After milking a portion of your milk, whether the black ring on your breast is taut Check. Lightly press this ring with your hand and if it is soft, you can now breastfeed your baby easily.
What are the first aid applications that can be done when milk escapes to the baby's throat?
First of all, in case of milk escaping to the throat, usually no serious first aid intervention is required; however, there are some things you can do before you get there. These can be listed as:
- If milk gets into the nasal passages of the baby and if he stops breathing, he cannot breathe because the airway is blocked. Therefore, in order to open the airway, you must first lay the baby on his back on a hard surface and position his head towards the ceiling.
- Check if your baby can breathe properly by removing the clothing.
- Take a clean handkerchief and try to remove any milk residue from the baby's mouth.
- your baby nasal aspirator you can make this work more detailed. At the same time it may be useful to clean the nose as milk may have escaped into the nose.
- Recheck if your baby can breathe easily.
- Let your baby cry by hitting his foot or patting his back.
Baby leaking milk in her throat and mothers who cannot breathe should review their condition first, and then their breastfeeding position.
In this way, milk leakage into the throat can be prevented at a high rate. If necessary, the first interventions should be carried out. Babies are sensitive and need to be very careful about it.
If you buy such a spice, do not use it
Pregnant women, moms, dads and babies are all expected on September 9, 10 and 11 in the IOR Park at ONGFest, at the Stand of the Mothers Association for Mothers, who has prepared a whole series of activities both informative and fun, for the direct benefit of future couples and fresh parents:
- Free pre and postnatal courses;
- New documentary film projections about birth;
- Unique sensory experiences - listen to the baby's belly world!
- Space for breastfeeding MAGIC;
- Professional photo portraits and family photos;
- Funny dioramas for original photos.
The Association for Mothers for Mothers will be at the stand on September 9, 10, 11, on the Main Alley in the IOR Park (at the statue of AI Cuza) and at the Projection Tent every day from 10 to 20. The association will hold pre-training courses. and postnatal, she will present original birth documentaries, followed by debates and provide sensory sensory experiences to the public - you will be able to hear the "world" as a baby hears in her mother's womb and also listen to the baby's heartbeat in time. real!
Ditta Depner and her BBmic.ro took care of you and sponsored one MAGIC breastfeeding space! In addition, you will be able to take advantage of the presence of professional photographers at the Association's stand, who will make high quality portraits and family photos. Moreover, if you want to take funny pictures, you are waiting with colorful dioramas on the theme of motherhood! You will also have a competition with original prizes: hand painted baby bodies.
The documentary films to be screened will have challenging themes and incredible images during the birth, and the testimonies of mothers who had memorable births are exciting. Mothers Association for Mothers wishes to thank the company Mamaboutique who sponsored the entire projection activity.
To find out more information go to the links below:
Courses and films
Programs of projections
Tags Babies Fresh Mom New parents
In the third month of pregnancy, the baby finishes forming to begin, from the fourth month of pregnancy, to grow and develop. This is an important stage of pregnancy, especially because during these four weeks, the pregnant woman and her partner will be able to receive information about the status of their baby.
If it is the first pregnancy, it is normal that it is not yet appreciated in the volume of the belly. At the 11th week of gestation, the uterus is the size of a grapefruit. Perhaps the expectant mother notices the increase in her breasts sooner and needs a bra of a larger size. The areola and nipples darken, become more sensitive, and the veins in the breasts become more marked.
This stage is characterized by emotional changes or humor. Although it seems strange, it is common to start crying for no apparent reason, to be tired and sleepy during the day, despite having slept well.
When the pregnancy approaches week 12, the nausea and vomiting gradually subside and disappear the following month. On the other hand, other discomforts such as heartburn may appear, due to the fact that the stomach is positioned to make room for the baby.
Thanks to the action of hormones on the sebaceous glands, the skin, hair and nails have a radiant appearance. Start using a cream with sun protection every day to avoid spots or chloasma gravidarum. Get in moderate exercise and take walks daily to stay in shape, which will help you stay in good health.
From the beginning of gestation until the end of the third month of pregnancy, the future mother may have gained a kilo or kilo and a half. This weight gain is normal. The doctor will recommend a balanced, healthy and complete diet, which provides the baby and the future mother with the necessary vitamins, minerals and proteins.
In theweek 12, in the medical protocol of pregnancy an ultrasound is plannedof great importance. It is used to analyze the morphology of the fetus and determine the main possible anomalies. This ultrasound also establishes the certainty of a single fetus or multiple pregnancy and the development of the fetus is measured in relation to its gestational age. The 12-week-old baby is complete, he has his main organs, although he still lacks a lot of development.
Thanks to this, it is possible to check that all their organs are working normally and observe their sexual organs, which have already been differentiated, in the event that the couple wants to know the sex of their baby. However, it may not be clearly visible on this ultrasound. Your heartbeat will also be watched.
But, the most important advance of this ultrasound is the measurement of the nuchal fold (nuchal translucency) and the measurement of the nasal bone, since both are decisive in detecting a possible Down syndrome and other genetic disorders, which can be confirmed in amniocentesis.
The embryo becomes a fetus at the end of the third month of pregnancy. His forms already identify him as a human being. The arms and legs grow and harden by week 11, and are clearly defined by week 13. The bones of the hands are also defined andlook like nails.
The head defines its round shape, and on the face the eyes are located in their final position in the center of the face, although they will not open until later. During the third month, there is a remarkable growth of the sense organs. Hearing develops.
The stomach, liver, lungs, and pancreas are formed at week 12 and the intestines are placed within the abdomen of the fetus at the end of this third month. By week 12, the kidneys begin to function and the fetus urinates. The genitals are also formed. Other organs are not working yet, but they are formed and can be distinguished.
At the end of the third month of pregnancy, the fetus is like a miniature baby, about 10 centimeters and 50 grams. Start developing your own Fingerprints and its head is proportionate to the body. And besides, he already moves, kicks or kicks and extends his arms, although the mother does not notice it yet.
You can read more articles similar to Third month of pregnancy. Pregnancy stages, in the category of Stages of pregnancy on site.
How to motivate children who lose interest in learning
Many parents are concerned that their children are not doing homework, they are not paying attention in class, they are not interested in getting good grades. It seems that their children, everything that has to do with studies is indifferent to them and they are apathetic, discouraged and disinterested.
One of the most important tools parents can use to help them is motivation. When a child is motivated, he makes sense of what he does.
But what is motivation? They are the stimuli that move the person to perform certain actions and persist in them for their completion. We can find different types of motivation or demotivation, when one of these motivations is lost:
1. Intrinsic motivation: When the person performs an activity by himself, without external incentives. It is done for pleasure, curiosity, etc.
2. Extrinsic motivation: When what attracts the person is not the action itself, but what he receives in exchange for performing it. The person is moved by external factors such as money, gifts, or in the case of children, stickers.
3. Positive motivation: Represents the reasons why you want to achieve a goal
4. Negative motivation: Represents the reasons why you DO NOT want to achieve a goal.
Motivation is the key to learning. It is essential to work it from home and, thus, they can develop it from daily activities such as: picking up toys, getting dressed, setting the table, etc. Or from activities that pose a challenge such as: riding a bike, skating or swimming
Lack of motivation may not be the problem. Many times we focus on that but what happens is something else, such as: a learning difficulty, a personal conflict with the teacher, problems with friends, they get bored in class because it seems very easy, etc. What can we do so that they do not lose interest in learning?
1. Plan short to long term goals: Goals are very good motivators when they are met. The best goals for marking young children are short-term ones that can be met in a short period of time. For this, parents should suggest tasks such as cleaning their toys or taking out the garbage. As children get older they should be encouraged to pursue long-term goals.
2. The objectives, better if they are specific: The more concrete objectives can be measured. Concrete accomplishments give children reasons to be more motivated.
3. Sense of competition: In its fair measure it can be the most important motivator. The reason for setting goals should be so that the little one learns that he can achieve everything that one sets out to do.
4. Use positive and encouraging language: It is not the same to praise your child's work as to encourage him. When we praise we do it for the triumph achieved, however when we encourage we recognize the great effort he is making.
1. Present the child's achievements: That he chooses two or three of the jobs he has done in school and that he likes the most to put on the refrigerator, or hang them in his room. It can be drawings, math work, dictations, etc ...
2. Talk about school regularly: We must give the daily opportunity for the child to share his experiences at school with adults.
3. As the child learns and improve in school we have to compare your jobs today with those of the past so that you see the progress you are making and feel proud
4. Beware of expectations: Sometimes there is the situation where parents and even children have very high expectations. This can be counterproductive as it will prevent many children from trying to do things for fear of failure.
5. Reinforce the learning style you do best: Thanks to multiple intelligences, children learn in different ways, reading, writing, repeating, experimenting. We must define what our child's learning style is and reinforce it by giving opportunities in which he can perform to his maximum potential.
You can read more articles similar to How to motivate children who lose interest in learning, in the On-site Learning category.