Name Désiré - Meaning and origin
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Meaning of the name Fabiolo. Name for children
Ketoacidosis in childhood diabetes
Actually, 4 out of 10 children with diabetes in Spain, present ketoacidosis at the time of diagnosis, a serious complication that can endanger the life of the patient.
The lack of information for the recognition of symptoms often delays the diagnosis and puts the health of minors at risk. The intense thirst, the need to urinate frequently, the weightloss without apparent cause, the abdominal pain, the appearance of vomiting, tiredness, blurred vision, and irritability are some of the most common symptoms of ketoacidosis and childhood diabetes.
Basically, ketoacidosis in childhood diabetes consists of a serious complication of diabetes, which appears as a consequence of the lack of insulin in the body and which can even endanger the life of the child with diabetes.
Diabetes is a disease in which there is a deficit in the production by the pancreas of the hormone that regulates glucose levels, insulin. Saying deficit causes an increase in blood glucose levels, a situation that can cause short-term problems, mainly ketoacidosis. In this respect, diabetic ketoacidosis is a serious complication And it carries a life-threatening risk, if not treated early. However, even today many patients are diagnosed with diabetes in ketoacidosis.
On the other hand, ketoacidosis can occur after a period during which the symptoms can be mild and sometimes go unnoticed or do so abruptly, as occurs in younger children. The approximate time of the duration of previous symptoms the diagnosis of ketoacidosis is Two or three weeks, although it tends to be shorter in those under 5 years of age, presumably because the beta cell is more sensitive to autoimmune aggression.
In children under five years of age and, from a clinical point of view, the diagnosis is more difficult because the symptoms are not as frequent and are usually more nonspecific. Because it is due to a delay in diagnosis, it is essential that once symptoms of diabetes are suspected, a prompt capillary blood glucose. If it is altered, that is, if the glucose level is high, it is very important to take the child to a hospital, since a delay in the start of treatment increases the risk of developing ketoacidosis.
It is as simple as going to the nearest pharmacy and giving a little finger prick. Capillary blood glucose consists of taking a blood sample after performing a puncture of the fingertipto get a drop of blood from the child. This sample is placed on a test strip, which will inform us at the time of the blood glucose index it presents.
In other countries, sensitization of all health professionals, family doctors, nurses, pediatricians, pharmacists, as well as teachers of nurseries, schools and institutes and even health authorities, has managed to significantly reduce the diagnosis of the disease in this serious clinical situation, what is the ketoacidosis.
Currently, according to the study carried out by the diabetes group of the Spanish Society of Pediatric Endocrinology (SEEP), 51.7 percent of children under 5 years of age present the severe form of ketoacidosis. This percentage rises to 69 percent in children under 2 years of age. According to this study, debut with ketoacidosis in type 1 diabetes in children is still very high, both in number and gravity, especially in under 5 years. The age at which there were more cases diagnosed was 8 years. By age group, 46 percent of the children were between 5 and 10 years old at the time of debut, 28 percent were between 10 and 15, and the remaining 26 percent were between 0 and 5 years old.
- Spanish Society of Pediatric Endocrinology (SEEP)
- Diabetes Foundation
Marisol New. Editor of our site
You can read more articles similar to Ketoacidosis in childhood diabetes, in the Diabetes category on site.
How to treat baby acne?
When is the best time to expand the family
A career at the EIB: How can I make a difference?
The symbolic game. How it benefits children
Symbolic play is essential for the cognitive and emotional development of any child. The imitation game, the role play, the pretend play, is the quintessential childhood game. It is the one that dominates a large part of the games in the first years of our children.
Parents must facilitate symbolic play and encourage its development by allowing that our children recreate different situations and characters spontaneously or directed by an adult.
The symbolic game is all that spontaneous game, that arises naturally at home, in the park or at school, in which children use their mental representation skills to recreate an entire play scene. Through this type of symbolization we can observe how they turn a broom into a horse or a stick into a magic wand. It is that type of game in which children pretend they were dads, moms or other real or imaginary people or characters.
Symbolic play allows the exteriorization of behaviors learned through observation but also stimulates the learning of new. It also facilitates the expression of feelings and the activation of socio-emotional skills and competences, which provides great benefits in the maturation process of children.
The benefits of symbolic play are observed in all levels of child development, from psychomotor skills to the expression of emotions, encouraging and stimulating a whole range of personal and social skills in children while improving their language skills. Thus, symbolic play stimulates the development of children's physical, mental, affective and social functions as:
1. Encourage imagination and creativity.
2. Encourage the learning of new behaviors.
3. Promotes the acquisition of social skills and competencies such as teamwork, cooperation, negotiation, and empathy.
4. Allows the acquisition of new vocabulary.
5. Releases tension and helps to express feelings and emotions. By playing to be children they can express their fears, anguish, anger or sadness in an appropriate way without fear of being reprimanded by anyone.
6. Facilitates the knowledge of their own physical possibilities by developing their motor skills and control of their body.
7. Facilitates knowledge of the environment that surrounds them and the way things work.
8. Promotes self-esteem and self-control, provides self-confidence.
9. Stimulates curiosity, the engine of any learning.
10. Helps structure thinking.
'A child who does not play will be an adult who does not think'(Shchiller)
You can read more articles similar to The symbolic game. How it benefits children, in the Games on Site category.
Means of Communication video for kids. Communication video for kids
Do you like honey? You will love this honey and mustard sauce. Also, it goes great with meat dishes, especially veal and chicken. Not to mention that it is a sauce that will give a lot of color and life to your dishes.
We explain how to make a homemade honey and mustard sauce. It's very simple, you don't need many ingredients and the result is spectacular.
- White vinegar
- Olive oil
1. Pour four tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice into a container.
2. Add two tablespoons of white vinegar.
3. Now it's the honey's turn. Two tablespoons will suffice, although you can adapt it according to your taste.
4. Add the mustard. If it is very strong, a teaspoon will suffice.
5. Stir everything very well and add a little salt and pepper to taste. Don't forget to add a dash of olive oil.
6. Mix everything well in the blender ... and that's it!
You can read more articles similar to How to make honey mustard sauce. Homemade sauce recipes, in the category of Sauces on site.
Smoked soup is a recipe from Transylvania, rich in smoked pieces and garnished with delicious vegetables and natural flavors!
1 smoked bowl (or other type of smoker)
1 piece celery
1 preserves tomatoes in broth
a handful of green beans
sour cabbage juice (stock market)
1 parsley bond
Method of preparation
Wash your basin well and cut into pieces and bring to a boil.
Clean all vegetables and chop them finely.
Put a little oil in a pan and heat all the vegetables, starting with the onion, carrots, peppers, pickles and celery and then the rest.
Allow the chicken to boil until the meat begins to fall off the bone. Remove the bone and sprinkle in the juice the quality vegetables.
Let them boil and then add the tomatoes and a pot of cabbage juice.
Leave to boil for 5-6 minutes, then turn off the heat and sprinkle over the chopped green parsley.
Smoked brisket has a special taste when served with cream.
The type of kitchen
Tags Recipes broths
Makeup ideas for Halloween
Listeria and task
Listeriosis is a rare, infectious disease, produced by a bacterium called "Listeria monocytogenes", which is usually transmitted through contaminated food, insufficiently pasteurized milk or cheese or in insufficiently cooked meat. Listeriosis most often affects newborns, the elderly, pregnant women and people with a low immune system.
Is Listeriosis Dangerous to My Baby?
Listeriosis is a severe infection caused by the consumption of food contaminated with the germ "Listeria monocytogenes". Despite the fact that anyone can become infected, in the case of certain people, for example of pregnant women, the risk is higher.
Listeriosis in preconception is treatable. Listeriosis can be a great danger to pregnant women and the fetus. This disease can have as a consequence the premature birth, abortion or birth of a dead child. Also, the newborn may be seriously ill if he was infected with Listeria prior to his birth.
Many babies who have been infected intrauterine will be born very ill or will become ill shortly after birth. Among the problems they may have are: blood infections, breathing problems, fever, skin problems, internal organ damage, infections of the central nervous system such as meningitis. Unfortunately, many infected babies will die or suffer long-term consequences.
How do I know if I was infected with listeria?
Some people have no symptoms. Other pregnancies can have a flu-like illness, with symptoms such as:
- muscle pain;
- nausea and vomiting;
- gastric pain.
However, if the germ manages to penetrate the nervous system, the symptoms may be more severe. In this case, among the symptoms are:
- headache and cervical rigidity;
- loss of balance;
- a confusing state.
Call your doctor immediately if you have such symptoms of listeriosis. Stomach symptoms, if they occur, manifest within 48 hours, but other symptoms may occur between two and six weeks or even longer after infection with listeriosis. You will need to have a blood test to find out if your symptoms are caused by listeriosis.
Medical investigations to discover the infection with listeria
The doctor will perform your objective physical examination and anamnesis (history of the disease). In order to make the diagnosis of certainty certain investigations will be carried out. One of the tests is blood culture. This means taking a blood sample from the venous level and sending it to the laboratory for analysis.
The sample will thus be investigated to detect the possible presence of Listeria germ in your blood. You will then do ultrasounds to check for problems and to monitor how your baby is developing.
How is listeriosis treated?
Listeriosis is treated with antibiotics to treat the infection and to protect your baby. Due to the severity of the disease, the physician may prefer to be admitted to the hospital during treatment, for better monitoring. Antibiotics can thus be administered intravenously, thus reaching directly into the bloodstream. This is the fastest and most effective way to administer an antibiotic.
Period of recovery after treatment
Antibiotic treatment usually lasts two weeks. People with weakened immune systems may require longer-term treatment to prevent disease recurrence.
How can I avoid listeria infection?
- All animal products including eggs, meat and poultry products must be cooked with great care.
- You should also avoid the consumption of unpasteurized milk (through pasteurization a boiling process takes place in which the bacteria are destroyed).
- All fruits and vegetables should be thoroughly washed before consumption.
- Both hands and cooking utensils should be washed with hot water and soap after contact with food, especially meat delicacies and raw meat. Do not use the same knife for raw meat and ready-made foods.
- Reheat the food very well and mix in it to homogenize it, until it is steaming.
- Avoid raw cabbage during pregnancy.
- Regularly replaces dishwashers and kitchen towels because they can keep bacteria.
- Do not leave the food outside for too long and throw the one you have unpacked and leave it for so long, even if the validity period has not passed.
What foods to avoid during pregnancy
- Brie and Camembert cheese, with mold or crust made from sheep's or goat's milk.
- Eggs raw or badly enough.
- The salads from the commercial salad, like mayonnaise, are made with pasteurized eggs, so it does not present a health risk. But beware of homemade egg products, such as chocolate foam or fresh mayonnaise, which may contain traces of raw eggs. Cook the eggs until the egg white and the yolk are no longer liquid.
- Other dairy products based on unpasteurized milk (it is possible to contain bacteria and cause food poisoning).
- Pateul - of all kinds (pork, chicken, fish or vegetable).
- Meat and meat products - it is ok to eat meat but be careful to cook it well, not "in the blood", not to contain raw parts (pink or red). Take special care with grilled meat. Meat products, such as salami, present a certain risk and it is recommended to avoid them as much as possible.
At what temperature should food be cooked to be safe?
- Chicken at 74-82 ° C
- Foods with eggs 70 ° C
- Meat based foods 70-74 ° C
- Beef, between 70 ° C - 77 ° C depending on the taste of each one
- Pig at 70-74 ° C
- Ham (raw) at 70 ° C
- Ham (semi-prepared) at 60 ° C
For more information, read the articles Prohibited foods during pregnancy and Proper nutrition during pregnancy.
Tags Bacterial infection Pregnancy infections Pregnancy problems