Carteret Community College 24th Annual Black History Celebration
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Askeladd, unloved, but finally well rewarded because very smart, goes from adventure to adventure, scared the big brutes, fight of the dragons, wins the hearts of the princesses and their fathers, admiration. Easy to read, intelligently illustrated, a rich little book for all. Norwegian tales collected by J. Moe, P. C. Asbjørnsen, adapt. Mr. Desbureaux, cunning and big mischievous, 13,78 €. Where to find it?
Askeladd, unloved, but finally well rewarded because very smart, goes from adventure to adventure, scared the big brutes, fight of the dragons, wins the hearts of the princesses and their fathers, admiration. Easy to read, intelligently illustrated, a rich little book for all.
Norwegian tales collected by J. Moe, P. C. Asbjørnsen, adapt. Mr. Desbureaux, cunning and big mischievous, 13,78 €.
Where to find it?
Healthy snack recipes for kids' snack
The snack It is the ideal meal for children to recharge their energy after the school day, especially considering that they normally have to continue their day with extracurricular activities that require physical effort (soccer, basketball, dance, fencing), and intellectual effort ( homework or English or reinforcement classes).
That is why the snack it should contain both macro and micronutrients, but it should not be excessively caloric. We give you some very practical tips to prepare healthy sandwiches for children's snack.
To offer our little ones a healthy and balanced snackWe must bear in mind that the goal is, as with any meal, to avoid pastries, sugars in general, trans and saturated fats, and refined products. Focusing on the traditional sandwiches, we can extract the following tips:
- Choose a bread as healthy as possible, preferably whole grain, with nuts or multigrain, as they have more fiber.
- Avoid sliced bread, as it contains unnecessary fats and interferes with the correct development of children's teeth. Being soft, it does not allow the jaw of the child to strengthen and chew properly. Let's try, then, to lean more towards the traditional loaf of bread.
- Try include micronutrients such as calcium and iron, present, for example, in dairy products and meat products respectively.
- Avoid cold cuts as the only filling of the sandwich. Today there is a wide range of possibilities within which, surely, we will find something to our little one's liking.
- Make it juicier and, for this, we can impregnate both parts of the sandwich with oil, spread cheese, grated tomato, guacamole ...
And now comes the next point. What to put inside the child's sandwich? You have to choosea healthy filling. We are not necessarily talking about those that include greens or vegetables, although of course they are ideal, but also about other protein foods that contain less saturated fat. Here we bring you some rich, rich, rich ideas!
- Tuna with tomato
Tuna contains highly valuable polyunsaturated fatty acids, and tomato is rich in minerals and vitamins, especially with antioxidant capacity. Do you need more reasons?
- Smoked salmon with fresh cheese
Salmon is one of the most attractive fish in childhood and, when accompanied by a dairy derivative, we get a great cocktail of nutrients.
- French or potato omelette or boiled egg
The egg is a very complete food, whose protein is one of the highest biological value that we can find.
- Good quality cold cuts or cold cuts, without forgetting the classic ham and cheese sandwich.
- Fresh cheese, cured or semi-cured with tomato, lettuce, pepper or any protein food.
- Humus –Chickpea or other ingredient- or guacamole with a protein food.
- And finally, you can use leftovers from yesterday's dinner: roast chicken, Russian steaks, breaded breasts ... They are the ideal filling if we accompany them with cheese, which provides calcium so that the bones grow strong and healthy.
The truth is that there are no rules, the filling of the sandwich can contain everything! Let's not get bogged down in the typical chorizo sandwich and offer our children healthy and varied fillings.
You can read more articles similar to Healthy snack recipes for kids' snack, in the Infant Nutrition On-Site category.
Healthy Snack Ideas For Kids - Back To School Snacks
Chicken salad with spinach
A special light salad for future moms that will bring you lean protein and the precious vitamin B9 or folic acid through spinach.
For 4 people
- 250 g of chicken fillet
- 500 g of spinach shoots
- 1 red pepper
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Pass the chicken fillets under the water. wipe them off and cut them into strips.
Wash the pepper, cut it in half, peel it and cut into strips.
Wash the spinach shoots.
Prepare the vinaigrette: mix 4 tbsp. sesame oil and 2 tbsp. vinegar. Add salt and pepper.
Brown the chicken fillets in the sunflower oil.
Mix the spinach, pepper and vinaigrette shoots.
Serve the chicken fillets with the spinach salad. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Well, it's true, it's a shame to devour ... but your astronauts will still feast! A recipe from the magazine Apple of Api (Bayard Jeunesse)
Well, it's true, it's a shame to devour ... but your astronauts will still feast!
A recipe from the magazine Apple of Api (Bayard Jeunesse)