Everyday racism: what should we do? Akala. Comment is Free
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Facts and beliefs about conception
There are many different opinions about correct conception. Some people swear by the use of the condom, while others consider the use of medication to be the only correct solution.The issue was discussed with the help of Dr. Kssa Kssa maternity and Dr. Chaabu Kva endogenous endocrinologist.
According to Dr. Zsolt Kуsa, he is the safest. the "Dutch method", that is, conception and concurrent use of the condom, where the drug protects against pregnancy while the condom protects against STDs. If the goal is to avoid unwanted pregnancy, the safest use of the drug or spiral is the safest, as they provide the greatest protection (99%). The latter is a comfortable and trustworthy tool, 95% of women are willing to wear it without complaints, while the vagina is not a highly recommended solution because it can cause unhealthy, as a drug solution. However, the use of rings is a better choice for people who have had a liver problem, because the hormone content in it is eliminated bypassing the liver.
There are also some disagreements about when to start a hormonal contraceptive. According to Dr. Chauzbouk Йva, taking the pill is primarily recommended for people over 18 years of age. The practitioner emphasizes that there may be a number of side effects of fertility, including probably increasing the risk of severe thrombosis and pulmonary embolism. It is, therefore, of the utmost importance that any woman who has not been pregnant before should be tested on her. thrombophilia panel, because if there is something in it that predisposes to blood clotting, the patient will not receive any hormone-containing substance during her life. According to Dr. Chauffe's Pray, if you have had a detailed hormonal examination before, you can choose the right conception. Sometimes, however, it is advisable to suspend your medication twice a month to check that your natural cycle is working. Of course, during the break, the drug is not protected, so the use of a condom is necessary, especially if the couple wants to avoid an unwanted pregnancy.
Also, in the case of a non-fertile tablet, you may be at risk of forgetting to take the medicine because, for example, you are not taking it for an extended trip and there is no way to prescribe it. All of these experts suggest that you should be aware of the side effects that may differ from one tablet to another. Fortunately, in most of these cases, there is only harmless menstrual bleeding, which is based on relative hormone deficiency, but it does not necessarily mean the absence of effective fertility, or the loss of blood.
However, along with the risks, Dr. Zsolt Kúsa also believes that early hormonal contraception is a better choice than aborting a pregnancy, the natural balance is restored. According to two experts, choosing the right birth control pill and using the condom together is the safest solution if you are not ready for the sake of the baby,
Dr. Zsolt Kуsa, Versys Clinics Human Reproductive Institute
Dr. Chauzkow Kva, Endocrinologist of the Versys Clinics Humane Reproduction Institute
Sleeping with the child together
Do you sleep with your child? If we made our decision dependent on the "wise conclusions" of scientists and experts, we would have a serious problem.
Research for yes
Interestingly, studies on the sleep of infants who are breastfed and sleep with their mother or separately indicate that the sleep pattern in both cases is different. One 1997 study suggests that children sleeping with mothers spend 28-99% of the night in constant contact with the parent, while children sleeping separately experience such contact only for 2-14% of the night. Research also confirms what parents notice quickly. Namely, that children sleeping with mothers eat twice as often and three times longer than children sleeping alone.
Is sleeping, however, dangerous? One study tries to prove that it does not because when sleeping in one bed with the parent the probability of laying a baby on her tummy is reduced, the baby usually lies on its side, facing the parent. Mothers are arranged in a similar way: face to the child, additionally at night they control the position of the baby, cover with a blanket or quilt, they are much faster able to react to the sounds made by the baby. In this way, they can quickly protect the baby from possible danger.
Children sleeping with their parents often wake up from deep sleep, they sleep in shallow sleep longer, which is to reduce the risk of SIDS and give a better chance of survival. In addition, in a society where sleeping together is the norm, the percentage of SIDS is much lower than in societies that sleep separately.
Examination for them
First, briefly about the recommendations.
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends sleeping separately, but in such a way that the baby's cot is near the mother's bed. In the United States and the Netherlands, it is strongly recommended that you do not sleep with your child for the first three months. In Great Britain a similar recommendation applies to smokers.
research London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine published this year aroused a lot of emotions. The researchers argue that sharing a bed with a child increases the incidence of sudden infant death syndrome fivefold, even if parents do not smoke or are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
This study is based on analyzing 1472 cases of cot death and nearly 5,000 control cases from five major studies. There was a five-fold increase in the risk of death of a breastfed infant before three months of age compared to children sleeping in one room with their parents, but in separate beds.
Researchers go a step further: According to them, as much as 81% of all deaths in children under 3 months of age could be avoided if the babies did not sleep in the same bed with their parents. The peak risk of sudden cot death is 7-10 weeks of age.
It's normal to feel a wide range of emotions during pregnancy. It's a special time of transition, and women are often thinking about the future and the coming of the new baby or babies. So it's normal to feel sad and anxious or happy, and it's normal for your moods to change quickly as well.
But clinical depression and anxiety are a different level. We define depression as having a persistent depressed mood, difficulty sleeping or sleeping more than normal, changes in appetite, and difficulty completing normal activities. And anxiety is being in a state of excessive uneasiness, sometimes with apprehension and sometimes with panic attacks. If these symptoms are affecting you every day for more than two weeks, it's important to discuss that with your doctor.
Patients often ask, "Why is this happening?" And we don't always know why. We do know that there are biochemical changes in the brain, but a personal or family history of depression or anxiety, increased stress, decreased support, or an unplanned pregnancy can all increase your risk of depression. Depending on your symptoms, your doctor may refer you to a therapist or psychiatrist, or prescribe medications.
I encourage all women to take care of themselves. It's an intense time, so walk with your partner, talk to your friends, meditate, read a relaxing book, or journal about some of the things that you're thinking about. All of those things can make a big difference.
There are also great resources available, including community discussion groups, hospital support groups, and local resources.
Video production by Paige Bierma.
MY EXPERIENCE WITH ANTEPARTUM DEPRESSION. DEPRESSION DURING PREGNANCY
Ronan Keating, third time dad
Why is a newborn baby going to eat sweet? Why will he enjoy salty a few months later? Very early, your toddler asserts his food preferences. He likes or he does not like. How does the sense of taste so complex? Explanations.
- It is very early that the taste comes to your baby, even in utero! His taste system is set up and is already operational. He will continue to improve during the first years of his life, as his brain matures and, above all, through the accumulation of experiences.
The receptors of taste
Professor André Holley, a researcher at the European Center for Taste Sciences of the CNRS, details the three major receptor families, on which the taste of your child - as yours for that matter - is based.
- First, the olfactory receptors, responsible for detecting the aromas. But why evoke the sense of smell when we talk about taste? Simply because these two senses are related. Taste a food with the nose completely clogged and it will be difficult to find the least flavor! Covering all nasal cavities, these olfactory receptors are about a thousand. They settled in their positions between the 8th and the 11th week of your child's fetal life and have been operational since that time.
- Second Battalion: the taste receptors, They have also been in place since the 11th week of pregnancy, devolving to the detection of flavors. Housed in the papillae, on the tongue and the palate, they are divided by specialty: some perceive salty, others acid, others sweet, others bitter, and so on. Because contrary to what we have long believed, there are not only these four basic flavors, but an infinity!
- Third group: receptors that have taken up residence on the trigeminal nerve (three-branched) that innervates the nasal and oral cavities. A real man-orchestra as he captures different information all by himself! It is thanks to its tactile fibers that your baby perceives the texture of the food (are they liquid, unctuous, crunchy, crispy?). This nerve tells him about the temperature of the food (hot, cold, cold), the pain. It is also a great sensitive reacting strongly to certain molecules such as pepper, chilli or mustard.
The taste preferences of babies
- Between the sweet, the salty, acid, bitter, and umami (taste of broth), toddlers made the difference at 3 months, 6 months, 12 and 20 months. While the appreciation of sweetness decreases in the first year, that of salty increases sharply. The reactions to the umami flavor remain neutral on average.
- As for acid and bitterthey are the least appreciated but not necessarily rejected.
It is no exaggeration to say that the allergic season is always raging. For those suffering from ragweed, the end of the summer can be a real boon.Last minute tips for allergiesIf you've tried everything but the situation hasn't improved, here are some last minute tips and a nice solution for the next few days of pollen dr. Zsuzsanna Sebõ gyermekgyуgyбsztуl.
1. Be careful with provocative materials!Maybe we should not eat foods that can cross-react with ragweed allergy. Even though the last rays of the summer may be a very slice of hot watermelon, we do not recommend it, as do the yellow melons. The to-do list also includes bananas, zucchini, cucumbers, honey and some spices. We should definitely avoid these during the season, but people with severe allergies are well advised to skip cucumber salad and mussels, as well as to avoid all pollen allergies. It is important to tailor your diet, which are the foods that trigger the cross-reaction, that is, provoke the same symptoms as the substance to which you are allergic (although, in fact, we are not allergic to these foods).
2. The power of your waterDuring this period, it is advisable to rinse our noses several times daily with mildly shallow water, sea salt and nasal showers to remove pollen adhering to the mucous membrane.
3. General hair washingNot only do we have to shower and change our clothes in the evening, but we also shower our hair thoroughly. Of course, you don't have to use shampoo every day, but you should definitely count adherent pollens with clean water.
4. Handling of clothesIt is forbidden to dry clothes, linen and towels of pollen allergies in the open air, because the weight of the pollen can be adhered to by them. It is recommended that you wash your washing machine once a week with Tris wash, which also protects against bacterial growth.
5. Clear healingHomeopathy is a well-established method of fighting allergies, but complex treatment is definitely something that a homeopathic physician should take care of. You can try some symptoms without consulting, which can make your everyday life easier. If nasal congestion is predominant, Apis raw material is added, if the symptoms are the most comfortable, then Euphrasia, which may occur. Ambrosia and Histaminum should be added to our list. Homeopathy is used to treat symptomatic drugs at 5-9-15 CH, and the symptoms, and their intensity, depend on up to several times a day.Related articles in Allergy:
- Untreated allergies can develop into asthma
- It can lead to an unnecessary diet if you do not know what you are allergic to
- The pollen season is no fun for the kids either
Your 6-year-old: Picky eaters
Your 6-year-old now
Handling picky eater issues requires the same matter-of-fact, low-pressure strategy that's effective for other behavioral challenges like power struggles and defiance. No arguing, no raised voices. Put the food on the table – healthy options, of course – without dwelling on it.
Try to have at least one thing you think your child will eat, and then let her choose what, and how much, to eat. If it's only bread, so be it. Your child won't starve or die of malnutrition. The goal is to avoid introducing a lot of emotion surrounding food.
There's also a legitimate scientific reason for kids' dietary fussiness. They have more taste buds than we do (taste buds die as we age), so flavors are more intense. That may be why your child turns up her nose at spicy flavors and vegetables like broccoli. (And some people – supertasters – have more sensitive taste buds than others.)
Try serving veggies steamed or cooked with a little sauce or butter. Sweeter options like red peppers, sweet potatoes, and carrots may be more popular than chard or broccoli. Know, too, that kids who eat with their families instead of alone have been shown to eat more healthfully.
Your life now
Feeling like you have no time for your own interests? Try this exercise: Make a list of 50 things you love to do. Keep at it until you complete the whole list of 50. Look for patterns among the items: Crafts? Reading? Sports? Pick one activity in one of your top categories and decide you'll spend time at it this month. Read a best-selling novel? Take a tai chi class? A baby step of just couple of hours a month is a small time commitment – but a big step toward reclaiming a bit of your old self.
advertisement | page continues below
Johnson's Baby, Soothing Naturals, intensive moisturizing creamJohnson's Baby has in its offer a "delicate cosmetics line" with the graceful name "Naturals", which suggests that its products are natural and safe to use. Especially when applied to the baby's skin, especially susceptible to any irritation and damage.
Unfortunately, after tracking the composition of the cosmetic, you can be very surprised. Instead of "pure" ingredients straight from nature, the Soothing Naturals cream contains parabens (preservatives), which in many studies are considered harmful. Probably for this reason, it is a preparation that, despite the low price (around 7 zlotys), is hardly available.
However, you can still find information about it on the manufacturer's website.
Water - water
Glycerin - moisturizing properties
Cetyl Alcohol - an emulsifier, creates a film on the surface of the skin, preventing water runoff,
Cocoglycerides - a mixture of coconut oil monoglycerides, containing fatty acids, for example: lauric, myristic, caprylic, oleic, capric, linoleic. Softens and smoothes.
Glycine Soy - soybean oil with oiling effect,
Zea Mays - corn starch, one of the most widely used cosmetic fillers
Dimethicone - a polymer based on silicone, very often used in cosmetics,
Helianthus Annuus - sunflower oil, has a normalizing, anti-inflammatory effect
Potassium Cetyl Phosphate - an emulsifier
Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides - an emulsifier
Oleic / Linoleic / Linolenic Polyglycerides - stabilizer
Mauritia Flexuosa - Buriti Palm oil, moisturizes, nourishes and smoothes the skin, makes it more elastic and moisturizes.
Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids - a surfactant
Sarcosine - a surfactant
PotassiumAspartate, Magnesium Aspartate - substances responsible for the appropriate pH
Olea Europaea - European olive, protects sensitive skin and regenerates dry.
Chamomilla Recutita - chamomile extract, soothing, anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic
Aloe Barbadensis - aloe, a known ingredient with soothing effects
Tocopherol - a class of compounds in which vitamin E, an antioxidant, is crucial
Tocopheryl Acetate - Tocopheryl acetate, acetic acid ester and vitamin E, has a moisturizing effect
Carbomer - thickener
Propylene Glycol - a solvent that, however, can cause irritation and a rash
Sodium Hydroxide - juice hydroxide, preservative,
Tetrasodium EDTA - preservative, harmless in low doses
Phenoxyethanol - preservative
Methylparaben - "paraben", a preservative
Ethylparaben - "paraben", a preservative
Parfum - fragrance
Unfortunately, the well-known manufacturer of cosmetics for children in this case does not meet the basic expectations. Provides a cream that has several natural ingredients (the first only in the fifth position) and a lot of preservatives, including parabens, which it would be better for children's cosmetics not to be.
Fortunately, the product apparently does not attract much interest, because it is difficult to buy in online stores. It is also not available in major drugstores. And praise for it!
There are definitely better products on the market!
That's why mosquito bites wound
There are tiny bits that will, for weeks, burn, sink, and clump. But what could be the reason?You have mosquito bites, mainly because of the weather. You think we can feel climate change in our skin. Over the course of drought, several generations of mosquitoes have been infested in places that were once heavily rained and droughty, so the mosquitoes will be successively populated.That's why mosquito bites wound Chemical eradication does not cost much, as it only kills adult insects. Many mosquitoes are not only uncomfortable but also often painful: some drops swell, blush, red, and persist for up to a week. says Geszti Franciska, skin care, a Gastromed specialist for 24.com. Allergy - although it is a part of the heredity - is not a pre-natal condition, it is possible to develop a deviated immune response to each allergen at any time during a person's life. In addition, there are mosquitoes that look like mosquitoes and scratch a little bit of our skin, and the result is big and ugly mosquitoes - that is why we also have to eat their tongues. Even the slightest scratching can cause further injuries to the skin, even secondary infections.
Nor is it a good idea to press the cross into the drop, but neither is it because it pushes the allergenic material to even larger areas. Some people swear by the impression that this is not a mistake at all: evaporation is believed to be a positive effect of immunoglobulins. Due to the method, numerous bacteria in the saliva occur and the wound can be infected. According to one of the experts, the best solution for mosquito repellents is the use of agents prepared for this purpose. They cool, reduce itching, and generally help to reduce local overreaction. It is advisable to consult a doctor if the swelling reaches a diameter of 10 cm, is considered to be particularly painful, or if you generally feel unwell, fever, or headache.
- How much to be afraid of tiger mosquitoes?
- Protecting Your Mosquito From Your Child: What to Use?
- Insect: useful advice from a specialist
Here is a DIY 100% recycled to crown your loves! This paper mache wreath is easy to make and goes cardboard. Video explanations with Coralie.
All our crafts
More videos on ourfamily.com
Production : Our family
Montage: Our family
Production : Our family